British Comedy Guide

The Works - seeking sketch writers! Page 9

Just sent mine. Don't forget deadline is on Friday.

Dan

Quote: Jane P @ July 21 2009, 9:20 PM BST

Greensville - I enjoyed the hurricane one - well done for getting in. It probably didn't help being on so early though - quite a rowdy crowd by the end weren't they?

JP

Yeah, the crowd were great! I've submitted about 8 more for the next one. I sent a runner in but I doubt it'll get picked as I foolishly used the 'C' word as a punchline. Thought I'd give it a try.

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ July 22 2009, 1:27 PM BST

Greensville, we didn't meet at the rehearsal or at the performance did we? I was certain that Hurricane sketch was written by a member of the (for want of a better term) comedy mafia.

I didn't go to the rehearsal and went with a mate to the actual night. Didn't get much mingling done. Will try harder at the next one!

What's the 'Comedy Mafia' and how do I get in?!!

I never did get round to writing anything for this.

I just haven't had time lately as I've been working on umpteen other projects.

Quote: greensville @ August 20 2009, 4:20 PM BST

What's the 'Comedy Mafia' and how do I get in?!!

The comedy mafia are ruthless Scillonian comedians who force people to laugh at gunpoint and execute hecklers. Their jokes are awful yet extremely funny. They brought the old classic 'Why did the chicken cross the road?' joke to new levels of hilarity when told to audiences looking down the barrel of a gun. And these guys are so professional, they don't even have to say the punchline.

If you can trace ancestry back to The Isles Of Scilly and are handy with a snub nose, you're a made man.

Quote: Griff @ July 24 2009, 2:51 PM BST

September 11th. That's always a fun day.

It's always fun for me - it's my birthday!

I sent a couple of sketches in for this.

Done!
Sent in something more related to the brief, before the deadline. Will reward myself by reading some Scott Pilgrim. And then getting back to my real job.

Quote: Ben @ August 21 2009, 9:21 AM BST

It's always fun for me - it's my birthday!

It's my birthday today. :)

Happy Birthday Nigel! :D May I ask how old you are?

Well, really!

I'm still in my thirties, but only just.

Just sent in a couple, just on the off-chance. It's not too late for deadline, is it?

I Hope not.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 21 2009, 12:14 PM BST

I Hope not.

I suppose we'd find out today. Right?

I would have thought so.

No word here.

Did anyone hear anything? There's nothing on the Facebook page saying 'thanks we've chosen our shortlist' or anything.

Heard nothing myself. Timbo? Lee Henman? James Harris? Greensville? Anyone?