General, General Thread Page 1,988

Quote: EllieJP @ August 19 2009, 4:56 PM BST

EllieJP*

I was going for the rhyme! You've wounded me again! Teary Teary

Come here and have a hug.

Quote: EllieJP @ August 19 2009, 5:09 PM BST

Come here and have a hug.

:D

My friend just opened an MSN conversation by saying "Hey did you know that your name is an anagram of 'lucky by boner'?"

Nice.

I doubt any non-Americans have heard of the show, but today my friends were on The Price is Right and Drew Carey posted a photo on his Twitter page.

"Grrr.... okay HERE's the pic of me and the Dollyrots. Their drummer (Chris, on left) was on TPIR today. :)"

http://twitpic.com/eiku4

The one time I don't watch... :(

Quote: AndreaLynne @ August 20 2009, 3:03 AM BST

The one time I don't watch... :(

It was filmed today, so I assume it will air a few days/weeks down the road.

Oh, I misunderstood...can't wait then...

Quote: AndreaLynne @ August 20 2009, 3:06 AM BST

Oh, I misunderstood...can't wait then...

Doubt it'll be all that exciting ...

They were in an episode of CSI:NY a few years ago. They played a band accused of murdering someone. Something like that, anyway.

A little old lady from our town was on and did the game where you have 10 chances to win 3 prizes and you have to figure out the prices and write them down. She was infuriatingly bad at it. In the end, she won only the first prize. A lawn ornament, I think.

I love Drew since Whose Line!!

We had The Price is Right here for a while - then it died a death like all the great shows.... Supermarket Sweep, Mr and Mrs etc.

...Sale Of The Century?

Quote: chipolata @ August 19 2009, 4:23 PM BST

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090819/tuk-youths-attack-ugly-dog-prize-winner-6323e80.html

Makes you proud to be British. Angry

Angry Angry Angry

F**k! That makes me so angry. Whose breading these psychopaths? Isn't killing animals the early stages of a sociopath? Or it is according to what I seen on Dexter. :D

Quote: Leevil @ August 20 2009, 10:24 AM BST

Isn't killing animals the early stages of a sociopath? Or it is according to what I seen on Dexter. :D

:) No, I think that is actually a recognised pattern of violence. :(

Yeah, though it's more torturing and cruelty, rather than just killing animals like working in an abbatoir or tribesmen hunting for food. :)