British Comedy Guide

What are you reading right now? Page 78

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 14 2009, 8:49 PM BST

'The Picture of Dorian Gray' and 'Breakfast at Tiffany's'. May order some more in a mo. Pleased

Breakfast at Tiffany's is much, much better than the film which is cleaned up and dull.

*buys*

Only 2 left in stock! (One now) :)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 14 2009, 9:35 PM BST

Breakfast at Tiffany's is much, much better than the film which is cleaned up and dull.

I think they're very different. I'd love to see what Hepburn would've done with a film truer to the book.

Quote: zooo @ August 14 2009, 9:40 PM BST

*buys*

Only 2 left in stock! (One now) :)

Dorian Gray?

Did you get the full Frankenstein or is it abridged? The original novel is excellent and far better than any film version.

Full, I think and hope.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 14 2009, 9:41 PM BST

Dorian Gray?

Yup.
Well that's what it said.

It has it imprinted on the bookmark. So, so awesome.:$

I used to go out with a girl who worked at The Works. It meant endless discount books for Christmas and birthdays.

Win, surely?

Just ordered the new Joe R Lansdale Hap and Leonard book, I'm enjoying just anticipating it.

Stuff magazine, it literally took me 20 minutes to read, they use way too many pictures.

Quote: zooo @ August 14 2009, 8:17 PM BST

Ha, no. I got Marc's first book from the library, as I am skint and quite selfish. :) Is very nice of you to buy.

Nah library's great! :D

Read The Cook's Prologue and Tale by Chaucer at lunchtime. Pleased

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 14 2009, 9:52 PM BST

Did you get the full Frankenstein or is it abridged? The original novel is excellent and far better than any film version.

Yes, I read the book a few years ago and it is good stuff. Never been a fan of any of the film versions I've seen.

Quote: Ben @ August 14 2009, 10:17 PM BST

I used to go out with a girl who worked at The Works. It meant endless discount books for Christmas and birthdays.

It is extremely cheap in there as it is anyway.

I've currently got The Hound of the Baskervilles on the go.

Quote: Jack Massey @ August 25 2009, 8:48 PM BST

I've currently got The Hound of the Baskervilles on the go.

Excellent book. Brilliant story, I'll also watch any adaptation of it.