British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,981

Quote: Chappers @ August 14 2009, 10:36 AM BST

This blind posting all seems a bit pathetic really. Luckily I've got a braille screen.

'ere, Ellie. Whats ee ^^ on about? Huh?

The fact that now if you go off topic in the other parts of the board your post will be made invisible (well barely readable) to allow people who actually want to read about the topic rather than your sandwiches, can.

Hey!! People like hearing about my sandwiches!

And I never go off topic. I created this very thread in which you accuse me of such crimes.

Quote: EllieJP @ August 14 2009, 10:40 AM BST

The fact that now if you go off topic in the other parts of the board your post will be made invisible (well barely readable) to allow people who actually want to read about the topic rather than your sandwiches, can.

Big Brother? Woooooooooooo!!!

Quote: Leevil @ August 14 2009, 10:44 AM BST

Hey!! People like hearing about my sandwiches!

And I never go off topic. I created this very thread in which you accuse me of such crimes.

General is fine for general discussion! :)

Blurred bits, hmmm...

Does questioning the parentage of a show's writer(s) now count as off-topic? Just need clarification.

Even with my glasses on I can't read the semi-invisable posts. Am I actually partially blind?

If you highlight them with your cursor you can see them easier.

Quote: EllieJP @ August 14 2009, 11:42 AM BST

If you highlight them with your cursor you can see them easier.

Ah, Unimpressed

This partial erasing of "off-topic" posts just looks silly, to be honest. Less annoying just not to visit these parts of the board. :(

Quote: Jason Kindred @ August 14 2009, 10:45 AM BST

To be fair, people rarely went off topic in the Corden and Horne thread to discuss their sandwiches. If people did wander slightly, it was usually on a related subject. And often these detours could be quite interesting.

The can be, but only for us. As Mark said on a previous page, the people who come here to read about comedies vastly outweigh the number of us who actually post. People with no knowledge of who we are don't want to see a 12-page discussion about our favourite cheeses (sadly, that did actually happen).

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 14 2009, 11:32 AM BST

Does questioning the parentage of a show's writer(s) now count as off-topic? Just need clarification.

I suspect it would be marked as 'off topic' in the interest of taste, decency, and lawsuits. ;)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 14 2009, 11:37 AM BST

Even with my glasses on I can't read the semi-invisable posts. Am I actually partially blind?

Nope, I can't see them either. :)

Quote: Aaron @ August 14 2009, 12:36 PM BST

The can be, but only for us. As Mark said on a previous page, the people who come here to read about comedies vastly outweigh the number of us who actually post. People with no knowledge of who we are don't want to see a 12-page discussion about our favourite cheeses (sadly, that did actually happen).

So are posters only writing for lurkers? That seems a bit of a strange concept.

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 14 2009, 12:27 PM BST

This partial erasing of "off-topic" posts just looks silly, to be honest. Less annoying just not to visit these parts of the board. :(

It'll look a bit better when we've relaunched and I've had time to implement a more sophisticated 'hide' method.

Has the chipster been banned for this then... or suspended?