British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,977

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 13 2009, 1:33 PM BST

Laughing out loud That is ace! But not for you. >_<

It's OK. I'm going home tomorrow, will sort it out then. Was hoping to get it done before this week was up though.

Cool, for The Dam?

Where are you going with your "maybe" passport?

Quote: bigfella @ August 13 2009, 1:34 PM BST

Where's the drive, the ambition, the quest for glory?

The BCG has sapped me. I'm a husk of my former self.

Quote: Leevil @ August 13 2009, 1:34 PM BST

It's OK. I'm going home tomorrow, will sort it out then. Was hoping to get it done before this week was up though.

Tip - for Christs sake make sure you sign in the box. My person, went 1mm over the line and the thing got sent back - almost didn't the bloody thing back in time.

Worth spending the 3 quid extra in the post office to get them to check it for you.

Laughing out loud I felt the frustration setting in just reading that.
In Canada they changed the rules this year and now anyone else with a passport can sign for you. Makes it a whole lot easier...but in my opinion kind of defeats the who purpose of the signer.

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 13 2009, 1:35 PM BST

Cool, for The Dam?

Yep.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ August 13 2009, 1:36 PM BST

Where are you going with your "maybe" passport?

Amsterdam. :D

Quote: bigfella @ August 13 2009, 1:38 PM BST

Tip - for Christs sake make sure you sign in the box. My person, went 1mm over the line and the thing got sent back - almost didn't the bloody thing back in time.

Worth spending the 3 quid extra in the post office to get them to check it for you.

OK, will be extra careful.

Quote: Curt @ August 13 2009, 1:41 PM BST

Laughing out loud I felt the frustration setting in just reading that.
In Canada they changed the rules this year and now anyone else with a passport can sign for you. Makes it a whole lot easier...but in my opinion kind of defeats the who purpose of the signer.

It was more funny than anything. I couldn't get angry at Granny or maybe that's their trick? Hmmm...?

Quote: Leevil @ August 13 2009, 1:34 PM BST

Good luck. It's a right pain!

If your passport photo looks like your Avatar I could do it for you.

Quote: EllieJP @ August 13 2009, 1:43 PM BST

Agreed. I ended up going to the office in person, it was such a pain (plus I left it to the last minute). Grudgingly, I'm going to have to admit they were very efficient after that. Got my passport two days later.

Quote: EllieJP @ August 13 2009, 1:43 PM BST

I'm really f**king pushing my luck. We go on October 13th, it says please allow 6 weeks for passport Errr Lets hope it goes smoothly.

Now I see why posts are disappearing, it's because they're off topic. This site gets more and more totalitarian by the day.

Quote: chipolata @ August 13 2009, 1:47 PM BST

Now I see why posts are disappearing, it's because they're off topic. This site gets more and more totalitarian by the day.

Bugger, is that true?

Quote: Leevil @ August 13 2009, 1:50 PM BST

Bugger, is that true?

Go look in the Cabin Pressure thread.

It's actually worth going off topic just to become "inbisible" and "cool".

I can't see any invisible posts, but I suppose that's the point.

*does nothing*

Whistling nnocently