British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,973

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 8 2009, 4:38 PM BST

Any recommendations for comedy DVDs for a five year old with a developed sense of humour?

They already have and love Mighty Boosh, Fawlty Towers, The Goodies and Father Ted. They also like My Family, but I have to watch this DVD too.

I'm thinking Laurel and Hardy, possibly Will Hay and Only Fool and Horses (any suggestions for a particular series). Any other ideas?

Laurel and Hardy very good. What about Blackadder or Morecambe & Wise?

Quote: chipolata @ August 10 2009, 10:27 AM BST

(I always think a blind girl with Polio could take him in a fight).

I'm sure you'd try.

Quote: bigfella @ August 10 2009, 6:27 PM BST

You use public transport. :O :O

What happens if you bump into leftie types?

Yes. Always.

I wouldn't know who's left or right because it's public transport, and as such everyone keeps to themselves.

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 10 2009, 6:27 PM BST

My uncle committed suicide by walking down the tube tunnel at Turnpike Lane. The poor old driver was off work for months after. :(

Pretty lucky driver; many never return to work.

Quote: Aaron @ August 10 2009, 7:02 PM BST

Yes. Always.

I wouldn't know who's left or right because it's public transport, and as such everyone keeps to themselves.

I imagine you being driven around London in a big black shiny Rolls Royce like Lord Alan Sugar.

Quote: bigfella @ August 10 2009, 7:04 PM BST

I imagine you being driven around London in a big black shiny Rolls Royce like Lord Alan Sugar.

Laughing out loud If only!

(It'd be a Bentley though.)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 8 2009, 4:38 PM BST

Father Ted

Elliot's little-ish cousins talking about Father Ted is hilaaarious!

Do they put on comical Irish accents?

Yep!

Ace.

I was driving through Leicestershire yesterday and I saw a sign outside a pub which read, "Pie Night - Every Fri". It tickled me for some reason.

I know several pubs that should have "Pie-Eyed Night - Every Night" advertised. I thank you. Unimpressed

Quote: Ben @ August 11 2009, 11:00 AM BST

I was driving through Leicestershire yesterday and I saw a sign outside a pub which read, "Pie Night - Every Fri". It tickled me for some reason.

Where - give map referances if possible.

Hee-hee! ;)

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090811/tuk-glass-shard-kills-man-in-shop-window-dba1618.html

Excellent. :)

Perfick!

How did he get the chance to do it three times without anyone stopping him?

Quote: zooo @ August 11 2009, 3:44 PM BST

Perfick!

Well, it could've done without the woman being thrown against the window 3 times. :P