British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,972

Quote: bigfella @ August 10 2009, 5:55 PM BST

My god! There are some f**king weird people around.

Who invents this shit - is there some kind of Dragon's Den for sexual perverts.

EDIT - how much are they?....umm...a friend wants to know.

Laughing out loud

It's not as bad as 'f**king machines'! I mean, where do people hide these things?

"Oh hi mum. That? No, it's a bench press." Errr

Or those luxury life size sex dolls in America, do they hide them in a warddrobe, or under a bed? Imagine opening a cupboard seeing a 'body' slumped in the corner! I'd leave screaming.

I suppose the answer is that these people don't have house guests and that's why they have them.

Quote: Jude @ August 10 2009, 5:57 PM BST

I didn't mean those bitsHuh?

It looked like a dentist's chair, but wasn't.

:D

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 10 2009, 6:00 PM BST

Laughing out loud

Or those luxury life size sex dolls in America, do they hide them in a warddrobe, or under a bed? Imagine opening a cupboard seeing a 'body' slumped in the corner! I'd leave screaming.

Downstairs loo....whoops :$

:D

Quote: DaButt @ August 5 2009, 12:35 AM BST

I've been to the UK 3 times and each time I found my train/tube delayed because someone had jumped in front of it.

Very unlucky there. I don't recall it having happened any more than 4 or 5 times in my whole life of using public transport.

However, the only time I've ever seen the ticket office guy at my local station smiling was the morning someone had jumped in front of a train there.

Shmokles :D

Quote: Aaron @ August 10 2009, 6:23 PM BST

However, the only time I've ever seen the ticket office guy at my local station smiling was the morning someone had jumped in front of a train there.

Ha!

Quote: Aaron @ August 10 2009, 6:23 PM BST

Very unlucky there. I don't recall it having happened any more than 4 or 5 times in my whole life of using public transport.

You use public transport. :O :O

What happens if you bump into leftie types?

My uncle committed suicide by walking down the tube tunnel at Turnpike Lane. The poor old driver was off work for months after. :(

Quote: Morrace @ August 6 2009, 4:15 PM BST

Oh you've inspired me, Ruby Mae!

Ruby Mae loves it whenever a bloke
Gets her pissed on brandy and coke
Pulls aside her nice knickers
Then proceeds to lick her
Giving her pussy a poke

'Cos whenever Ruby gets pissed
Oh boy she can never resist
A stiff cock up her crack
While she's flat on her back
With her arse filled with a fist

My name's Morrace - Goodnight!

xxx

Eh?

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 6 2009, 9:58 PM BST

Appaaaaarently this will be the only time in your life that this will happen.

Depends how long you live!

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 10 2009, 6:27 PM BST

My uncle committed suicide by walking down the tube tunnel at Turnpike Lane. The poor old driver was off work for months after. :(

F**king hell! :(

Quote: Chappers @ August 6 2009, 10:16 PM BST

Murdoch is talking about charging people to access the Sun, Times and News of the World web sites.

Who in their right mind would do that? We only look online because it's free.

If we have to pay we might as well buy the newspaper. At least the screen won't get mucky - that's what paper is for!

The man is crazy. They brought down the wall the best part of a decade ago. It's not going to go back up successfully unless they vastly change what's on the other side.

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 10 2009, 6:27 PM BST

Not good. :(

There is so little help for people with mental health problems in this country.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ August 7 2009, 11:41 PM BST

Ahhhhh....

I think that was the fire overcoming her.

Quote: bigfella @ August 10 2009, 6:33 PM BST

Not good. :(

There is so little help for people with mental health problems in this country.

It wasn't the NHS's finest hour. He was 40 and actually a very intelligent and funny guy, working in an important post at the Met Office.

He was also schizophrenic, unfortunately. And though he took his meds, he had a really bad psychotic episode one weekend, was picked up the police and taken to St Mary's. He was doped-up on Valium and wasn't even referred to the psychiatric team. He wasn't properly assessed and was just left to sleep for a few hours in a cubicle, before being booted out of A&E onto the street at 6am. (No effort was made to contact any family/friends.) Then he made his way to the tube station. :(

(To be fair, this was in the 1980s and things have improved.)

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 10 2009, 6:42 PM BST

It wasn't the NHS's finest hour. He was 40 and actually a very intelligent and funny guy, working in an important post at the Met Office.

He was also schizophrenic, unfortunately. And though he took his meds, he had a really bad psychotic episode one weekend, was picked up the police and taken to St Mary's. He was doped-up on Valium and wasn't even referred to the psychiatric team. He wasn't properly assessed and was just left to sleep for a few hours in a cubicle, before being booted out of A&E onto the street at 6am. (No effort was made to contact any family/friends.) Then he made his way to the tube station. :(

(To be fair, this was in the 1980s and things have improved.)

:(

I supply care courses for social care staff, the basics always go well but when we try to offer our basic mental health awareness course or bi-polar, we often get poo-pooed with we don't need any of that. People don't realise the number of problems out there. :(