British Comedy Guide

Outnumbered - Series 1 Page 8

Heh, alright, fair enough.

There's a whole sequence around that self-hating-Jew thing in the "banned" Family Guy episode.

Thats a wicked line but still that means they cant drive ford or vw

Or wear a black shirt?

Can't go germany can't call there kids Sam Stone because initials SS can't well can't do alot. Screw it, it's only there for a laugh calm lol. Black shirt refrence has gone over my head. Intresting point actually can we enjoy good things from bad people. Music stylings from michael jackson, Seinfeld (the whole kramer thing), The thick of it. I can say I enjoy early jackson things love a bit of the jackson 5, seinfeld is wicked I don't care what anyone says and The thick of it I have only just watched I thought it was good.

In theory I think you should be able to separate the man from the art, but it doesn't always work like that.

I never really liked Kramer anyway though, so there's no conflict for me there.

Quote: zooo @ August 30, 2007, 12:38 AM

I never really liked Kramer anyway though, so there's no conflict for me there.

Kramer is the worst character, although still has some really good moments.

Yes he has his moments.
But he could slip right out of the cast list and I'd still love Seinfeld just as much.
However if Jerry, Elaine or George had left it would have been a ctcatstrophe.

F**k it, I'll just leave the typo. That's how bad it would have been!

I love Jerry, George and Elaine, I could listen to there crap for hours. Seinfeld isn't my funniest show by miles, I just love the characters.

Quote: zooo @ August 30, 2007, 12:38 AM

In theory I think you should be able to separate the man from the art, but it doesn't always work like that.

It's totally incomprehensible to me that people can't or don't do that. What people do privately is up to them.

And talking of Seinfeld, anyone interested in buying the seasons 1 & 2 box set from me? PM if so. :)

Anyway, back to the thread.

I didn't bother watching last night's episode as no doubt I would have been bored stiff again. The show reminds me of Blessed. You know, the one where Ben Elton had kids and just had to write about what it was like being a parent and all the hilarious things that happen, like needing a nappy late on at night Rolling eyes Or you've just bought a new shirt and the baby is sick over it. What are the chances!

"That's great, Ben. But haven't you forgotton something.......jokes?"

I didn't think it was too bad. My expectations where pretty low, but it broke right through them. Not spectacular, but not bad. I don't see how it could have been improvised though, the kids seem to be regurgitating things they were told to say, and they did it in that annoying child-like way as if they were 5-year olds ...

Quote: ContainsNuts @ August 29, 2007, 9:22 PM

it was like watching the real thing which is quite stressful.

Oh good point! I couldn't put my finger on it. Although I enjoyed last night it did stress me out with all the bustle and shouting.

Quote: Walker @ August 30, 2007, 11:31 AM

and they did it in that annoying child-like way as if they were 5-year olds

The youngest is five :)

I thought the oldest kid was great, the youngest was great too. The middle child seemed to be trying to remember what he was supposed to say a little more* but I don't think you could call him a bad actor. They're no way they're as wooden as kids in other sitcoms I can think of.

* To clear up this improv thing - from what I understand the kids are roughly told what to say but they can choose their exact words. So the direction given to them might be "say some naughty words then hit your brother".

I watched last nights one just now and it hasn't changed my mind. I get the attempted subtle jokes but they aren't very funny. They seem funnier because the are so far a few between or being said by a kid.

Not my cup of tea and I don't think I'll watch anymore. The lines/jokes people have mentioned here - are they really that funny?

I find supernanny more amusing and its almost the same thing, but not scripted at all.

I liked tonights episode as well. Hugh Dennis played his character very well.

It was alright tonight, some good lines, but it's very stressful to watch, those kids are a little too realistically bratty, it gives me a headache.