British Comedy Guide

Outnumbered - Series 1 Page 6

Quote: zooo @ August 29, 2007, 8:51 PM

And weirdly, it's not even coming from me.

The haters love him talking about him more than I do.

You know, I noticed that. Wonder what it is EXACTLY that get's into them?

Sometimes, people just make it far too easy to take a dig.

In all seriousness though, fair enough. I personally can't really see how people can't see the humour there, but y'know, each to their own.

It's about as funny as The Office!
:)

Quote: David H @ August 29, 2007, 12:07 AM

I can't believe it!

I sat through the entire episode stony-faced thinking, "God, this is worse than the real thing." Yet people liked it!

I thought it was unbelievably poor from two established writers. Kids simply going through things. How utterly boring. Was never impressed by Trevor's World Of Sport either. A far cry from the impressive Drop The Dead Donkey.

And there were supposed to be twists at the end of this with the email and the phone call. I couldn't have cared less about either. Who'd be interested that the father may be seeing someone when he's as bland as he is?

In good sitcoms you like to be whisked away thinking to yourself you'd like to be part of that world somehow. Even in The Simpsons, which is a dysfunctional family, the characters are so richly drawn. It couldn't have been further from my mind watching this.

I pretty-much go along with this, and I am surprised that a few people liked it so much. I love subtle humour and think Hugh Dennis is a great comedian, but there was no flow to this - it was like watching the real thing which is quite stressful. Some good jokes in it and the girl came out with some great lines. You can tell some of it is improvised but still heavily scripted. I'll watch it tonight to see if I get it.

I to be honest I didn't think there was much improv going on. Different strokes for different folks, I hate Bottom I feel there can't be anything worse.

It was alot better than the first episode and I enjoyed the first one too. No wait though, but it will be over faster. Andy Hamilton should be pissed off.

That was brilliant. Had me laughing all the way through. Oh, and that girl who plays Karen is adorable. I hope she's been paid very well for this.

Taped it, so it's better then?

It seemed very middle class, another thing that put me off yesterday. Not that I'm working class, you have to work to earn that honour.

Yeah, I thought it was a bit better too actually.

Why does middle class annoy you?

Quote: Aaron @ August 29, 2007, 11:16 PM

That was brilliant. Had me laughing all the way through. Oh, and that girl who plays Karen is adorable. I hope she's been paid very well for this.

I missed the first episode and tonight was the first time I watch and I really enjoyed. I agree about the little girl, a gem of a find...

"One of the teachers has gout.
What's gout?
I'm not sure." haha

I'm not quite sure. Bless! :)

Quote: Aaron @ August 29, 2007, 11:22 PM

Why does middle class annoy you?

No it doesn't, it's just I tend not to enjoy shows set in that class, After You've Gone, My Family, ect. So I am generalizing, but I almost feel like I couldn't care about the characters as much, not as much as I did for Del Boy or someone in the same position.

I also can't relate to a lot of the references they use, can't think of any examples, but if I do, you'll be the first to know.

;)

Fair enough I guess. Brings up a very interesting line of discussion though.

But on the other hand, they're a lot of middle-upper class comedies I do like, The Good Life, Keeping Up Appearances, Arrested Development (kinda counts :P)

Do you like Fawlty Towers or Blackadder? I don't like the good life, keeping up appearences is funny because of her desire to be middle class.