British Comedy Guide

Sitcom Trials Autumn '09 Page 9

Quote: Leevil @ July 16 2009, 1:57 AM BST

This joke has proved funnier than I expected and now I'm worrying I don't get it?

I don't get my own joke. Huh?

Laughing out loud

*paranoid*

*android*

So there's now two similar contests. Ah, right.

Like a bus, aye Mikey?

I see Dan Brown's new blockbuster which is set to be breaking all kinds of records is going to be released in October. Another jaw dropping expose of all kinds of mysterious secrets and the like. It's going to be called 'The Lost Symbol'. And I was just wondering if there was going to be a chapter in it on the mysterious, 'Option Clause', from the Sitcom Trials.

Quote: Marc P @ July 28 2009, 8:31 AM BST

... the mysterious, 'Option Clause', from the Sitcom Trials.

Were you a terrier in another life, Marc?

Quote: JohnnyD @ July 28 2009, 8:40 AM BST

Were you a terrier in another life, Marc?

Lol. No the clocks ticking, not long to go and I really would like to know what the deal is before I send anything in.

:)

Like a bus, aye Mikey?

I used to think I was a bus. The doctor didn't believe me until three more patients came in at once with the same condidtion. :P

I see Dan Brown's new blockbuster which is set to be breaking all kinds of records is going to be released in October. Another jaw dropping expose of all kinds of mysterious secrets and the like. It's going to be called 'The Lost Symbol'. And I was just wondering if there was going to be a chapter in it on the mysterious, 'Option Clause', from the Sitcom Trials.

LANGDON: Do you want me to reveal the secrets of the universe?

MAN: No, Mr Langdon. We want to to find... the Option Clause.

LANGDON: Impossible!

Only joking. :)

It's what we do here. :P

Seriously though, flegling writers might not mind about small print, but, like Marc P, I'd like to know more about that clause.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ July 28 2009, 11:12 AM BST

I used to think I was a bus. The doctor didn't believe me until three more patients came in at once with the same condition. :P

Surely instant disqualification from both contests for that joke? :D

Tickets please.

Surely instant disqualification from both contests for that joke?

Also in the news, Mr Jackson from Worthing had to resign from comedy altogether for allegedly trying to write a terrible joke about buses.

Quote: Marc P @ July 28 2009, 8:31 AM BST

Hey Marc. Believe it or not we were discussing this the other day, trying to get a proper answer for you, and anyone else who was on tenterhooks. We haven't forgotten - we just don't want to go off half-cocked - especially now the issue has been infused with such dramatic levels of importance!

Thanks to everyone who has already entered, keep them coming. Or at least keep on preparing your scripts and wait until the magical day when all our secrets will be revealled!

Quote: J'Parker @ July 28 2009, 1:42 PM BST

Hey Marc. Believe it or not we were discussing this the other day, trying to get a proper answer for you, and anyone else who was on tenterhooks. We haven't forgotten - we just don't want to go off half-cocked - especially now the issue has been infused with such dramatic levels of importance!

Thanks to everyone who has already entered, keep them coming. Or at least keep on preparing your scripts and wait until the magical day when all our secrets will be revealled!

Well done J' - my tongue was slightly in my cheek! :)

Quote: Marc P @ July 28 2009, 1:47 PM BST

Well done J' - my tongue was slightly in my cheek! :)

Then you would have looked a bit simple...

Dan