British Comedy Guide

Outnumbered - Series 1 Page 2

I'll watch for Hugh Dennis, but my expectations aren't too high.

Will this basically be Kids say the darndest things: the sitcom? How old are these kids? I'm assuming there under thirteen, probably about 8?

Well the girl in the main advert looks about, what, 6 maybe? At most?

Younger they are, the more they can get away with.

That's a boy.

The food scene? Yeah, I'm sure it's a boy?

Yeah! And if he has issues when he grows up, it's going to be because of people like YOU, Aaron.

It's like American kids in movies, they always have that same long hair bowl cut thing, it's creepy!

Quote: zooo @ August 28, 2007, 12:24 AM

Yeah! And if he has issues when he grows up, it's going to be because of people like YOU, Aaron.

Not the fact that he looks like a girl?

Edit: Here's the blurb from the show:

A weekly alert is set for Tuesday, 15 minutes before 22:35
Comedy series about the daily rollercoaster of life with three young children - a regal five-year-old girl with a talent for interrogation, a seven-year-old boy who could out-fib Jeffrey Archer and an 11-year-old who is gearing up for his scary first day at secondary school.

Certainly sounds like the five-year-old girl is the one in the advert. No? :-/

Edit again: Aha. There we go. Look here. The pic at the top is definitely of the kid in the advert, and the tooltip (hold your mouse of it and an info box thing should pop up) says "Karen (Ramona Marquez) and Dad (Hugh Dennis) in Outnumbered".

So uhhh, if that kid does have problems, it'll be more to do with the fact that he is called Karen. Laughing out loud

What made you think it's a boy though?

Its co-written by Andy Hamiliton which is good but they semi-improvised it with the cast who are children which is bad, very bad but as ever i'm optimistic.

Quote: Aaron @ August 28, 2007, 8:23 AM

Not the fact that he looks like a girl?

See our character guide for pictures of all the cast. The seven year old kid does look a bit girl-like.

You're such bullies, haha.

Quote: Jason Kindred @ August 28, 2007, 2:02 PM

Wouldn't they have been better broadcasting on BBC4 first, building an audience and a buzz, then transferring to BBC1?

Good point Jason!

This was on BBC Scotland did no one else watch it, I recorded it and have just watch it back, didn’t do much for me. The little girl (yes it is a girl, or a boy in a skirt you decided) was by far the best of the lot. I can only remember laughing twice.

Dad to little boys

Dad: Anyway what was all that with you and Karen (5 year old girl)
Little Boy (liar): She started it; she hit me with a baseball bat.

One of the few good line.

I take it all back! It's not a boy who looks like a girl.

It's a girl who looks like a boy who looks like a girl.