British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,944

Quote: chipolata @ July 22 2009, 3:02 PM BST

I could have made it funnier - honest! - but I'm trying to prepare a goddamned Powerpoint presentation!

Oooooooh! A Powerpoint presentation! Ooh, I'd love to see your little powerpoint!

Isn't he clever, everybody? A Powerpoint presentation! On the computer and everything!

Right, I'm off! Because, and I don't know whether I mentioned this, I've got a Powerpoint presentation to prepare. With pictures and everything. On a computer. Wave

*sarcasm sensors tingling*

Or perhaps I'm just having a mini-stroke. (Cue LEEVIL.)

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 22 2009, 3:07 PM BST

Oooooooh! A Powerpoint presentation! Ooh, I'd love to see your little powerpoint!

Isn't he clever, everybody? A Powerpoint presentation! On the computer and everything!

Quote: chipolata @ July 22 2009, 3:09 PM BST

Right, I'm off! Because, and I don't know whether I mentioned this, I've got a Powerpoint presentation to prepare. With pictures and everything. On a computer. Wave

OOOOOOOOOOOOoohhhhh! *explodes*

Quote: chipolata @ July 22 2009, 3:09 PM BST

What's the topic? "Efficient Use Of Time In The Workplace"?

(Oh yeah, you're going down, bitch!)

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 22 2009, 3:11 PM BST

What's the topic? "Efficient Use Of Time In The Workplace"?

(Oh yeah, you're going down, bitch!)

No, that's another of Chipolata's rules: he never goes down.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 22 2009, 3:11 PM BST

"Sexual Harassment In The Workplace"?

More like it.

Quote: chipolata @ July 22 2009, 3:12 PM BST

No, that's another of Chipolata's rules: he never goes down.

Hah! You shop in Poundland but you don't give oral sex? I'm sorry, but your story just doesn't add-up.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 22 2009, 3:09 PM BST

Or perhaps I'm just having a mini-stroke. (Cue LEEVIL.)

Dah-dah! Oh, I'm too late! :(

Bin Laden Son Reported Killed In Pakistan

by Mary Louise Kelly

NPR.org, July 22, 2009 ยท U.S. officials believe Saad bin Laden โ€” a son of Osama bin Laden โ€” has been killed by an American missile in Pakistan.

Saad bin Laden reportedly spent years under house arrest in Iran before traveling last year to Pakistan, according to former National Intelligence Director Mike McConnell.

It's believed he was killed by Hellfire missiles fired from a U.S. Predator drone sometime this year.

A senior U.S. counterterrorism official tells NPR that without a body to conduct DNA tests on, it's hard to be completely sure. But he characterized U.S. spy agencies as being "80 to 85 percent" certain that Saad bin Laden is dead.

The U.S. counterterrorism official says Saad bin Laden wasn't important enough to target personally โ€” that he was "in the wrong place at the wrong time."

He was active in al-Qaida, but was not a major player, the official said. He was believed to be in his late 20s.

"We make a big deal out of him because of his last name," the official added.

It's not known whether Saad bin Laden was anywhere near his father when he died.

The thing about Arabs is that they have such massive families one dying isn't much of an issue. I think Bin Laden himself has about twenty-eight brothers and sisters (although being Saudi Arabia the sisters obviously don't count).

Quote: chipolata @ July 22 2009, 2:43 PM BST

:O

So, so hilariously wrong. Laughing out loud

Wanted: British women to eat chocolate for a year

Quiet around here today, isn't it? Did everyone start their weekend early or something?

I'm here, doing two jobs!