British Comedy Guide

Writing for Newsjack (aka 7 on 7) Page 80

Not far from Warwick Street tube, isn't it?

EDIT: That should of course have been Warwick Avenue. You'd think Duffy would have given me a bloody clue.

Not been myself, but it's near Warwick Avenue and the Canal Cafe Theatre. Have you been there for News Revue?

Here it is in Google Click 'Street View' by the pic.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ July 22 2009, 2:09 PM BST

Not been myself, but it's near Warwick Avenue and the Canal Cafe Theatre. Have you been there for News Revue?

Here it is in Google Click 'Street View' by the pic.

Dan

Yes I've been to NewsRevue many times. Where is it from there?

If you come out of Warwick Avenue tube, cross over the road, then the other road in the two-road setup, then go the opposite way than you would to go to Canal Cafe (or, as it's known in my world, the same way you end up walking for miles before realising it's not that way). Warwick Avenue turns into Delaware Road and it's down there.

Never been to the radio theatre though, so not quite sure how far/where exactly it is.

Dan

Hi Guys - I've just heard I've got a sketch being recorded tonight as well! I'm dead chuffed...

According to the website the show is now sold out, but was wondering whether anyone who has been before could tell me whether it was absolutely packed out when they went, or whether people tend to book tickets and not turn up - as I'm thinking of just going there on the off-chance. Would love to see the recording.

(Also if anyone does have a spare ticket...???)

Congratulations to all who got stuff in. Sounds like it's going to be a bumper BSG edition tonight! No such luck for me this week.

Quote: swerytd @ July 22 2009, 2:40 PM BST

If you come out of Warwick Avenue tube, cross over the road, then the other road in the two-road setup, then go the opposite way than you would to go to Canal Cafe (or, as it's known in my world, the same way you end up walking for miles before realising it's not that way). Warwick Avenue turns into Delaware Road and it's down there.

Never been to the radio theatre though, so not quite sure how far/where exactly it is.

Dan

Much appreciated Dan. I will laugh extra loud during your sketch!

So which BCG sketches should we be looking out for?

I didn't listen to last weeks episode, but I'll definitely download it this week.

Mine involves the E4 announcer.

No luck for me at all this series either.
Strange how I always get stuff in NewsRevue, and had stuff regularly in Watson's Wind-Up, but not this.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ July 22 2009, 5:14 PM BST

Strange how I always get stuff in NewsRevue, and had stuff regularly in Watson's Wind-Up, but not this.

Well, different people make it. Different people, different tastes, different idea of what's funny.

I had something in the first episode, then sent in nothing for the rest of the run. It's a work ethic like that which will see me go far. :)

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ July 22 2009, 5:14 PM BST

Opposite way around for me. Can't get anything in/on either of those two! :)

Dan

Great news about the sketches! Well done to all the BCGers, and I hope they go down a storm tonight. Not surprised my sketches didn't make the cut again (a big fat zero for me over the series) but I had been hopeful about getting a vox pop on. In this case I think no news is bad news...

Quote: Badge @ July 22 2009, 8:38 PM BST

Great news about the sketches! Well done to all the BCGers, and I hope they go down a storm tonight. Not surprised my sketches didn't make the cut again (a big fat zero for me over the series) but I had been hopeful about getting a vox pop on. In this case I think no news is bad news...

For me no Newsjack is good NewsJack.

Couldn't crack this one myself despite having a go each week. Didn't get an automated response even once. How sh1t am I? Teary Teary

Well done to them wot cracked it though but. Cool Cool