British Comedy Guide

How long should a one hour episode be??? Page 2

Looks at the whisky saying hello to me. hmmmmm. :)

Put it this way.
If someone turns it down because it's not to length, it's just their polite way of saying they don't like it.

It's the same with cocks.

Quote: Marc P @ July 15 2009, 10:21 PM BST

Antidisestablishmentarialism Leevil - no charge :D

Oh, I meant conceptually.

Quote: Leevil @ July 16 2009, 1:23 PM BST

Oh, I meant conceptually.

:D

endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography - is always useful for filling an awkward space.

In answer to Mikey's question, I believe the answer is 'twice as long as from the middle to the end'.

Quote: David Bussell @ July 16 2009, 1:38 PM BST

In answer to Mikey's question, I believe the answer is 'twice as long as from the middle to the end'.

Ah, but that depends where you put the middle...

BTW - on a very un-silly note, in two separate meetings with producers in the last month, both said that single hours were getting really hard to place - and virtually impossible to first-timers.

Quote: Lazzard @ July 16 2009, 2:32 PM BST

BTW - on a very un-silly note, in two separate meetings with producers in the last month, both said that single hours were getting really hard to place - and virtually impossible to first-timers.

So that was two separate 'no's then.

Quote: Joseff @ July 16 2009, 2:41 PM BST

So that was two separate 'no's then.

One was.
The other was a mate.

Smarmy

EDIT: Actually, I'm doing myself was a slight disservice.
The 'no' was to the hour - but they wanted to see it as a series.
So an eventual 'No' in all likleyhood!
Wave

Quote: Lazzard @ July 16 2009, 2:43 PM BST

One was.
The other was a mate.

Smarmy

It's still worth having as a calling card should one ever, God forbid, fancy a stab at writing a Holby, Nice Tricks and or etc, etc, etc.

Well done! :)

Quote: Marc P @ July 16 2009, 2:45 PM BST

It's still worth having as a calling card should one ever, God forbid, fancy a stab at writing a Holby, Nice Tricks and or etc, etc, etc.

Abso - blinking - lutely.
Plus things 'come in'.
An 'hour' I had up at the beeb - turned down in the end - is now getting a bit of action as a feature.
So, you never know.

Quote: Joseff @ July 16 2009, 2:46 PM BST

Well done! :)

Sarky git!

Whistling nnocently

Quote: Marc P @ July 15 2009, 10:15 PM BST

Simple enough -about 13,000 words.

I just checked that latest sitcom draft wordcount and it's 6,883. Which makes it about right for half an hour, no? Or maybe a tad over? I think it's best to havea few minutes over so you can trim the crap.

Quote: Lazzard @ July 16 2009, 2:48 PM BST

Abso - blinking - lutely.
Plus things 'come in'.
An 'hour' I had up at the beeb - turned down in the end - is now getting a bit of action as a feature.
So, you never know.

Sarky git!

Whistling nnocently

I wasn't being 'sarky'. Ah well.. *throws arms in air* I give up.