British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 862

Quote: Chappers @ July 13 2009, 12:04 AM BST

IT Crowd where Jen gets employee of the month and the transexual.

That's a weird prize. But yeah, good episode.

Yay, me too now!

And now Barry McKenzie on BBC2. Did Aaron miss this? An early Edna Everage.

I love the taxi journey from Heathrow to Earls Court via Stonehenge.

Emmerdale. We are only three years behind.

I would watch Jeremy Kyle, but he gets taken off because of the school holidays. As if kids would be traumatised by DNA results. They would probably be more traumatised by Emmerdale.

Quote: Linda La Hughes @ July 13 2009, 2:11 AM BST

Emmerdale. We are only three years behind.

You might as well turn off for the next 3 years. Not much will have changed when you tune in again. Personally I have never met anyone who watches this. I have no idea where the viewing figures come from. I didn't think sheep counted.

As if kids would be traumatised by DNA results.

They might if it were their paternity tests? :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 13 2009, 2:23 AM BST

You might as well turn off for the next 3 years. Not much will have changed when you tune in again. Personally I have never met anyone who watches this. I have no idea where the viewing figures come from. I didn't think sheep counted.

I hadn't seen the show for a long time. I have some time off work, so I thought I would use my downtime wisely. Like, watching TV, moaning about the weather, being annoyed because I have dial-up and not Broadband, and consequently can't watch all that delicious stuff on YouTube, and I think I have discovered a grey hair or two, or are they blonde, hmmmm, yes blonde. I have waaay too much time on my hands.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 13 2009, 2:23 AM BST

They might if it were their paternity tests? :)

:D

Ooops, sorry Tim, quote stuffed up. But I am sure people can tell where yours ended and mine began :S

Fixed by Aaron.

I hate Total Wipeout and Emmerdale and... oh, this could go on.

Quote: Robert D @ July 13 2009, 3:19 AM BST

I hate Total Wipeout and Emmerdale and... oh, this could go on.

I'm not sure what Wipeout is. Is it something like, Fear Factor?

It's an outside insult course that sad acts with no life try to compete in to win £10,000. The only good thing about it is it's hosted by Richard Hammond from Top Gear.

Also, the programme could be fitted into a 30-min slot but it's dragged out in a 60-min slot. Bloody BBC.

Quote: Robert D @ July 13 2009, 3:35 AM BST

It's an outside insult course that sad acts with no life try to compete in to win £10,000. The only good thing about it is it's hosted by Richard Hammond from Top Gear.

Also, the programme could be fitted into a 30-min slot but it's dragged out in a 60-min slot. Bloody BBC.

Sad acts with no life. Sounds interesting to me.

The Aviator on DVD. Not classic Scorcese, but still enormous fun. Alec Baldwin is great as ever. Cate Blanchette is strangely attractive in a slightly unconventional way. And it was nice seeing The Next Generation's Data in something else.

Quote: chipolata @ July 13 2009, 10:27 AM BST

Cate Blanchette is strangely attractive .

Can't say I've ever thought she was 'strangely' attractive. Attractive will do.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 13 2009, 10:29 AM BST

Can't say I've ever thought she was 'strangely' attractive. Attractive will do.

I think there's something slightly unconventional about her looks. She doesn't fit in with the standard Hollywood starlet.

Quote: chipolata @ July 13 2009, 10:30 AM BST

I think there's something slightly unconventional about her looks. She doesn't fit in with the standard Hollywood starlet.

Well, she's not a bland Megan Fox like girl; possibly more old-style Hollywood beauty. If that makes sense.

Quote: Chappers @ July 13 2009, 12:28 AM BST

And now Barry McKenzie on BBC2. Did Aaron miss this?

Yes.

I would watch Jeremy Kyle, but he gets taken off because of the school holidays. As if kids would be traumatised by DNA results. They would probably be more traumatised by Emmerdale.

Someone who admits to not only watching Jeremy Kyle, but actively wanting to watch Jeremy Kyle when it's not on.

Brave. Very brave.