British Comedy Guide

What are you listening to now? Page 641

Quote: AndreaLynne @ July 11 2009, 4:31 PM BST

Ok, fellow thrill seekers, here's what happened. He got hauled off in one car. She was talking with the cops and then took a swing at one of them. She's in another police car, the lady cop is holding the baby and a social services van just showed up to take the baby. The baby just got put in the van and the car with the mother is leaving.
Oh my God, animal control just got here and it looks like he's taking their Rottweiler!!

And where was your video camera during all of this?

Ok, fellow thrill seekers, here's what happened. He got hauled off in one car. She was talking with the cops and then took a swing at one of them. She's in another police car, the lady cop is holding the baby and a social services van just showed up to take the baby. The baby just got put in the van and the car with the mother is leaving.
Oh my God, animal control just got here and it looks like he's taking their Rottweiler!!

Do you live in my street?

Our 'Cops'-type shows aren't really as compelling over here, because so few of our police carry guns.

They like to have the word 'cop' in the title though, as it makes it sound like it might be slightly more exciting.

I think the worst one we had was 'Rail Cops' (this was on prime-time BBC1, by the way!), which was about the very un-CSI world of the British Transport Police.

This is about 1 million times more exciting than 'Rail Cops' and I can't even see or hear it!

I would have had to stand out in plain sight to get it recorded. I'll have to check in with the nosey lady on the other side of them. She's better than any newspaper.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 11 2009, 4:33 PM BST

Our 'Cops'-type shows aren't really as compelling over here, because so few of our police carry guns.

There's very little gunplay on the streets or the shows, but you're guaranteed several scenes with 200-pound cops jumping/sitting/kneeling on the suspects. The UK cop shows seem to indicate that every confrontation ends with a stern warning at most.

At least your alleged offenders do the decent thing and make sure they jump out of a window without their shirt on. And at least your police like to make DUI suspects attempt to walk in a straight line for the viewers' benefit (unlike here where they only have them blow into a bag).

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 11 2009, 4:41 PM BST

At least your alleged offenders do the decent thing and make sure they jump out of a window without their shirt on.

I'm almost certain that a can of Budweiser and a shirtless torso are prerequisites for an appearance on Cops.

[quote name=\"DaButt\" post=\"446401\" date=\"July 11 2009, 4:44 PM BST\"]I\'m almost certain that a can of Budweiser and a shirtless torso are prerequisites for an appearance on Cops.[/quote]
Perhaps Budweiser should sponsor the show? Together with weight-loss and gym programmes?

Just found out from Barb the neighbour that he's a suspected drug dealer and that she's been in and out of jail a couple of times. She threatened to set the dog out on the cops. And, this is the best part, they have another child they lost custody of and they had the cops called on them while she was in the hospital having the baby. Yes, they would be excellent "Cops" material. The officers weren't fat guys, but the woman looked really bad in her man pants.

And so, taking us back on-topic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iISyPz5XRyI

Good segue, Tim!

Now I am listening to the calming sounds of my children fighting over toys.

Hawaii 5 - 0 theme by the Ventures.

Rumble by Link Wray. This is an interesting compilation.

Pipeline by the Chantays. It just gets better.

Billy Talent - Cold Turkey

My dad singing Arcade Fire. :|