British Comedy Guide

Sitcom Trials Autumn '09 Page 3

No because ours switches from a pub, to a supermarket and so on and so forth

Quote: Leevil @ July 10 2009, 11:07 AM BST

None! Now hand over your wallet and wife!

:(

"I'm possibly going to regret this, but not definitively. A scattergun approach isn't necessarily the best one to adopt - and if we don't like the first one we read, it's unlikely to do you any favours when it comes to reading the others - so it's better to concentrate your efforts on one great script than spread your work between several."

That's a shame; some submit more than one because they're very different styles and are unsure of the selectors preference.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ July 10 2009, 11:12 AM BST

That's a shame; some submit more than one because they're very different styles and are unsure of the selectors preference.

That's a good point. It would be good to know - particularly if this is a devleopment exercise for shows they want to produce. And there is nothing wrong with that, just be good to know what's what.

Quote: Marc P @ July 10 2009, 11:20 AM BST

That's a good point. It would be good to know - particularly if this is a devleopment exercise for shows they want to produce. And there is nothing wrong with that, just be good to know what's what.

It would make sense then to use different names for each piece you submit then. :) I have a few going spare if anyone wants to borrow one...

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ July 10 2009, 11:26 AM BST

It would make sense then to use different names for each piece you submit then. :) I have a few going spare if anyone wants to borrow one...

Scripts??? Any good?

Quote: Marc P @ July 10 2009, 11:31 AM BST

Scripts??? Any good?

Unfortunately not. :)

Can you submit more than one entry into this then?

Yes.

I have an evening planned where they are all mine being perfromed. Sort of a Galton and Simpson riff.

As long as we can get the details sorted out.

:)

Quote: Leevil @ July 10 2009, 11:48 AM BST

Can you submit more than one entry into this then?

But if they don't like the first one they read, they'll not like the others either apparently.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ July 10 2009, 11:56 AM BST

But if they don't like the first one they read, they'll not like the others either apparently.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression Miss D.

Quote: Marc P @ July 10 2009, 11:53 AM BST

Yes.

I have an evening planned where they are all mine being performed. Sort of a Galton and Simpson riff.

:D

Quote: Marc P @ July 10 2009, 11:58 AM BST

You never get a second chance to make a first impression Miss D.

Quite true. My first impression was when I was four and of my Uncle Fred. No one one finds it funny anymore...

From the point-of-view of someone who went to two stagings of this last season (a heat and the final), please make sure your scripts are not just 15 minutes of people sitting down for the whole lot. You can see f**k-all from the back of the downstairs room as the stage is not elevated. (Especially if some prick with a cummulonimbus-based afro sits anywhere between you and the stage). You might get the front-row votes, but that's all you'll get as second row back won't see anything.

Get 'em up and walking around, and discussing things standing up.

<realises what he's just said and goes to change his own script>

Dan

Well that's lucky, as all my characters wear stilts.