British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,926

Quote: Aaron @ July 7 2009, 2:41 PM BST

I'm not sure what you mean here...?

Well, Einstein didn't actually cover himself in glory in his early days. Think positive.

Quote: Rob H @ July 7 2009, 2:46 PM BST

C.V.s are no place at all to start feeling all moralistic about the truth. And I don't think I deserve the degree I got, as it involved very little work on my part, but you should still put it down. If it gets you the foot in the door doing the degree will have served it's purpose.

Ha! I'd never lie on a CV. I also don't think I'll ever apply for a job where I need one. But the principle's still there; it creates an expectation which I can't meet.

Quote: Rob H @ July 7 2009, 2:46 PM BST

And better to have the first than be kicking yourself for a lower degree from the same university.

This is true. I wouldn't even acknowledge it if it were lower. (Of course it still may be, I've had no official notification.)

Quote: Geoff Mutton @ July 7 2009, 2:48 PM BST

Well, Einstein didn't actually cover himself in glory in his early days. Think positive.

he went a bit mental at the end though with his mad hair.

Quote: Aaron @ July 7 2009, 2:41 PM BST

As I say, a first at this uni is a fail at any other.

This is of course, what you have decided, not what anyone else has ever said.

Quote: Rob H @ July 7 2009, 2:23 PM BST

I'm guessing you're not by nature a 'glass-half-full' kind of guy.

*nods rather vigorously*

Quote: zooo @ July 7 2009, 6:09 PM BST

This is of course, what you have decided, not what anyone else has ever said.

Charles did, akturlee.

To change the tone entirely, 4th anniversary of the London bombings today. It resulted in the first series-best-of Mock The Week episode. Looks like there was a nice service on today: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8137265.stm

Congratulations, Aaron. That's a great achievement. :)

Yeah, well done Aaron.

Quote: Aaron @ July 7 2009, 2:25 PM BST

Not recently, no. I'm a realist. The down-sides are colossal.

Poor zooo.

Yeah, cheers Azza!
;)

Eh?

Recently.... the down sides of life are colossal..?

Ahem.

The down sides of a first.

Abort Abort!

Haha!

Where did you get the "life" bit from? Are you living in chipolata's bizzar-o world?