British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 854

Quote: AndreaLynne @ July 5 2009, 12:50 AM BST

True Blood -- this show is fantastic!!!!

It is! Haven't started watching the second seasons yet, so shh! ;)

Oooh, I may have to 'get' that.

Edit; Day of the Triffids on BBC Four. Ace. I wish I had recorded it now.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ July 4 2009, 11:39 PM BST

I watched it to validate my opinion that M. Night Shamalamadingdong's movies are all awful except for Sixth Sense.

Sixth Sense wasn't that good, I thought. Though part of that may have been because I twigged the 'twist' a few minutes into it, and once you've guessed it the whole film becomes very obvious.

For me his best film is Unbreakable; that was a truely great film. Signs in the main was quite good I thought, until the completely stupid 'water kills them' ending. Why on Earth would they try to invade a planet that was covered in water. And rained.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 5 2009, 7:40 PM BST

Though part of that may have been because I twigged the 'twist' a few minutes into it, and once you've guessed it the whole film becomes very obvious.

Well aren't you Mr. Clever :P

I remember The 11 O'Clock Show spoiling it for me.

Quote: Leevil @ July 5 2009, 8:03 PM BST

Well aren't you Mr. Clever :P

I remember The 11 O'Clock Show spoiling it for me.

Same here!

Just watched the last episode of Freaks And Geeks, what a brilliant, brilliant show. I feel really quite sad I'll never see those characters again in a new episode. Anyone who hasn't seen it should seek it out, I think it's one of the all time great TV shows.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ July 5 2009, 9:13 PM BST

Same here!

Ian Lee, the bastard.

Quote: Leevil @ July 5 2009, 9:41 PM BST

Ian Lee, the bastard.

Yeah! He ruined the first series of 24 for me.

'Sunshine' again, DVD

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind on DVD. Good film, and Sam Rockwell is excellent as ever (although we do see his naked buttocks rather a lot throughout the film :$ )

So far I've not had a chance to watch S. Darko: Donnie Darko 2 yet. It's definitely on my to-watch list though. Whistling nnocently

Dragon's Den trailer. 15th July. Excellent.

Quote: chipolata @ July 6 2009, 10:19 AM BST

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind on DVD. Good film, and Sam Rockwell is excellent as ever (although we do see his naked buttocks rather a lot throughout the film :$ )

He seems to get that out in every single one of his films. :/

Quote: zooo @ July 5 2009, 12:35 AM BST

Har.
That too.
The bit where he's disguised as the fat woman and her head comes off.

o_O

Another film I shall have to introduce you to. ;)

>_< He hasn't seen Total Recall?