British Comedy Guide

I hate David Walliams Page 7

Woof, etc.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 4 2009, 4:45 PM BST

What makes you think I haven't been?

It's pretty clear.

You've been snoring everybody with facts offa Google for a start..

Quote: zooo @ July 4 2009, 4:46 PM BST

Woof, etc.

Thats it...you've got your voice back ;)

Excuse me while I go and shit in your shoes.
:)

Quote: zooo @ July 4 2009, 4:49 PM BST

Sorry I would never allow a David Tennant loving shitting Shih tzu into my house.

Down girl ;)

Quote: zooo @ July 4 2009, 4:49 PM BST

I would pay money to watch zooo shit in Scottidog's shoes. It would be worth nearly a whole pound.

(That's not in a pervy way, you understand.)

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 4 2009, 2:33 PM BST

I can do a theoretical space fact.

Light from our sun takes around 8 minutes to reach Earth.

Imagine if our sun suddenly just disappeared. Vanished without a trace.

Under Newtonian laws, the effect of removing the sun would be instantaneous on Earth, as the sun's gravtitational effect would be immediately removed. The Earth would shoot out of orbit into the depths of space.

However, under Einsteinonian physics, nothing can travel faster than the speed of light. Therefore, just as light "information" takes 8 minutes to reach the Earth, so too must gravity. Gravity "information" cannot travel faster than the speed of light. So if the sun suddenly vanished, the lack of gravitational effect would also not be felt for 8 minutes (before the Earth spun off into space).

Now, with the advent of quantum physics suggesting remote particles can transfer information (such as the spin of an electron) at vast distances faster than the speed of light, this means that the Eiseinonian version of what happens when the sun disappears may be wrong. But that's another story. It involves the ability to travel faster than the speed of light.

Whether gravity travels faster or at the speed of light is still debated, while some believe this to be the case (NRAO) others claim planet orbits would be much different if gravity travels at light speed.
Imagine you are the sun and a tennis ball on a string is the earth, the string is gravity, a constant uninterrupted stream of energy if you like. Swing it around and the orbit is stable, cut the string(interrupt gravity) at any point and the earth flies immediately out of orbit. That's the theory according to Nonny anyway.

Quote: Scottidog @ July 4 2009, 4:48 PM BST

It's pretty clear.

You've been snoring everybody with facts offa Google for a start..

See above post.

Ever heard of multi-tasking? For example, wanking over a picture of a deceased relative whilst typing a stern letter to the Daily Mail, at the same time?

Quote: Rob H @ July 4 2009, 4:54 PM BST

I would pay money to watch zooo shit in Scottidog's shoes. It would be worth nearly a whole pound.

(That's not in a pervy way, you understand.)

I would pay you Rob to do a massive pooh on my neck...

i will give you two whole pounds..

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 4 2009, 4:55 PM BST

See above post.

Ever heard of multi-tasking? For example, wanking over a picture of a deceased relative whilst typing a stern letter to the Daily Mail, at the same time?

Are you in prison Tim?

Quote: hey_nonny @ July 4 2009, 4:55 PM BST

Whether gravity travels faster or at the speed of light is still debated, while some believe this to be the case (NRAO) others claim planet orbits would be much different if gravity travels at light speed.
Imagine you are the sun and a tennis ball on a string is the earth, the string is gravity, a constant uninterrupted stream of energy if you like. Swing it around and the orbit is stable, cut the string(interrupt gravity) at any point and the earth flies immediately out of orbit. That's the theory according to Nonny anyway.

And surely if gravity was limited by the speed of light then the ultimate fate of the universe must be the so-called 'Big Freeze', even allowing for the effects of dark matter?

Quote: Scottidog @ July 4 2009, 4:57 PM BST

I would pay you Rob to do a massive pooh on my neck...

i will give you two whole pounds..

Are you in prison Tim?

I'd do it for nuffin. :)

Incidentally did you wake up this morning and think 'Today I'm going to annoy as many people as I can?' Whistling nnocently

Quote: Scottidog @ July 4 2009, 4:57 PM BST

Are you in prison Tim?

Physically or of the mind?

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 4 2009, 4:59 PM BST

And surely if gravity was limited by the speed of light then the ultimate fate of the universe must be the so-called 'Big Freeze', even allowing for the effects of dark matter?

I understood every single word of this sentence, but what it actually means is unclear.

I hate science. Stoopid science. *sulks*

Quote: Rob H @ July 4 2009, 4:59 PM BST

I'd do it for nuffin. :)

Incidentally did you wake up this morning and think 'Today I'm going to annoy as many people as I can?' Whistling nnocently

No of course not Rob.

Certain people in here get above their station (if you read back through the thread)
and I like to ruffle their 'clicky' feathers...but once they realise, they back off.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 4 2009, 5:00 PM BST

Physically or of the mind?

erm...whatever?

Quote: Scottidog @ July 4 2009, 5:04 PM BST

No of course not Rob.

Certain people in here get above their station (if you read back through the thread)
and I like to ruffle their 'clicky' feathers...but once they realise, they back off.

By which, do you mean 'people insist on having their own opinion?'

Quote: Scottidog @ July 4 2009, 5:04 PM BST

Eh?

Have you got examples?