British Comedy Guide

Writing for Newsjack (aka 7 on 7) Page 53

Hello, new to the site been reading you guys with interest, thanks for all the tips and the pointers on the submissions. Got an email saying they were recording one of mine last night and wondered would the nice people who went the recording let me know if it was used? Eek. It was about Richard Dawkins running his fun summer camps. Fingers crossed. any joy?

I don't know Aldrin I wasn't there.

But Welcome and did you walk on the moon with Armstrong?

Quote: Aldrin @ July 2 2009, 1:37 PM BST

Hello, new to the site been reading you guys with interest, thanks for all the tips and the pointers on the submissions. Got an email saying they were recording one of mine last night and wondered would the nice people who went the recording let me know if it was used? Eek. It was about Richard Dawkins running his fun summer camps. Fingers crossed. any joy?

Last night was the full recording, i.e. if you got an e-mail then yours was recorded. We'll only know what was actually "used" in the final edit after listening to tonight's broadcast.

Quote: Aldrin @ July 2 2009, 1:37 PM BST

Yep, definitely recorded. Funny too. One of the better ones, I thought.

:)

Dan

thanks Dan! Can stop cutting myself and move the toaster from my bath now. good luck to all for later.

Welcome Aldrin, and well done.

No such luck for me this week, by the looks of things. Not even acknowledgement of receipt :(

Hi all, glad I've found this site!

I've sent in sketches for three weeks to Newsjack and have so far been unsuccessful. Like some others, I did have an email from Katie Tyrell saying I had written a 'beautifully fitting sketch' but the laughs weren't consistent enough. I've tried writing Newsbullet and Miles Undercover, as well as a few oneliners, but maybe they use in house writers for all those sketches (or mine were just shit, I can't rule that out!)

Anyway, congrats to all who've had a sketch recorded. I will listen to this weeks show and then back to the scanning of BBC website for relevant news stories to turn into witty one liners!

Cheers, Chris

I felt exactly the same way last week, but I think as people are dissuaded there's better chances as time goes on. think Newsjack will bring a lot more people to BCG, you've been really helpful.

Quote: Aldrin @ July 2 2009, 2:16 PM BST

I felt exactly the same way last week, but I think as people are dissuaded there's better chances as time goes on. think Newsjack will bring a lot more people to BCG, you've been really helpful.

Hi Aldrin and welcome

I meant to mention yours as it was one of the few that was less topical but it still worked. Lewis had to redo some of the singing - you didn't make it easy for him did you?

Good fun though!

Jx

The list of writers isn't online yet but unless I'm very much mistaken this week's episode included material by Griff, The Producer, Aldrin, Jane P, Swerytd and me. Well done you lot!

*gets to work on avocado-based vox pops*

Yes, I thought last night's episode was much better too! :)

Well done peeps.

Dan

Yay! Got two vox pops on: one about the gravedigging MP and another about Madoff's sentence.

Unsurprisingly no Gordon Brown, Fonzie and Jacko sketch though, and our strike rate's pretty poor, but shouldn't complain as it was looking like we were going to make it to the end of the series without even an encouraging email to our name.

Just goes to show lack of talent is no barrier to success. Keep bombarding them and eventually they'll either take pity or feel so ground down that they put something on in the hope you'll leave them alone.

Well done all.

Serious effort by me coming up this week.

Quote: Lbug @ July 3 2009, 8:51 AM BST

Yay! Got two vox pops on: one about the gravedigging MP and another about Madoff's sentence.

That Madoff one made me LOL on the night and listening yesterday! Nice one -- very clever.

Dan

Well done folks. :)

Who wrote what?