British Comedy Guide

Writing for Newsjack (aka 7 on 7) Page 51

I read the tickets website description of the show and they do seem to be pushing the whole zeitgeist side. From reading the blogs, and indeed listening to the show, it seems to have slipped into instantaneous, up-to-the-minute satire mood, rather than trying to reflect "social and cultural trends".

A mistake to call it Newsjack?

Just got an email to say mine's being recorded tonight. I can't make it, but those of you who can, please laugh extra loud at the Yoda sketch.

Quote: Griff @ July 1 2009, 5:59 PM BST

Just got an email to say mine's being recorded tonight. I can't make it, but those of you who can, please laugh extra loud at the Yoda sketch.

Is it as funny as Gordon Browns a rise of 0%?

*Brown's. Honestly you spell worse than sexygirl.

Well done Griff! Good news.

Well done. :)

Is it me or is this harder to get on than Tilt.
(well it is for me)

Nice one Griff.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ July 1 2009, 6:45 PM BST

Is it me or is this harder to get on than Tilt.
(well it is for me)

You may still be in tonight's, you never know. Last week they emailed after the fact.

Well done, Griff.

Great news, Griff.

:)

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ July 1 2009, 11:16 AM BST

I think Griff is 99% guaranteed to be in this week. :)
He was asked for a rewrite and presumably told to send it straight back to them.
Whereas, when I got a "nearly" email last week, I said to them "ok, I'll rewrite and send it back in about half hour" but they replied and said "sorry, you'll need to wait til next week now."
Mind you, it was after the deadline then.

Quote: Griff @ July 1 2009, 11:20 AM BST

No guarantees Mikey. The email warned me that it still might not make the readthrough, it might not make the recording, and it might not make the final edit. So fingers crossed, but I'll wait and see before uncorking the bubbly Skol.

Exactly - getting a sketch broadcast is something of a battle through an awful lot of doors. It's got to recording, it's now time for us to cross fingers for broadcast. Good luck Griff.

Spoiler alert***

Just got back from this week's recordings.

Big congrats to Griff - yes they recorded yours and Lewis did an excellent job with it I thought.

I'm only admitting to going this time as I wasn't alone so the others can answer questions too!

Apologies to Swertyd for elbowing him when they recorded one of my vox pops :)
More apologies to Swertyd for elbowing him when the next vox pop they recorded was his! :) And well done to Badge who was out of elbowing reach when his Vox Pop was recorded. :)

Also in attendance was Mr Renegade Carpark who can't really complain that they didn't use his as he didn't send any. Get writing this week - no excuses!

Sorry this is so late but they had to keep retaking Swertyd's one - thought we were never getting out.

And if you're wondering on the MJ count (the singer) there were no sketches but the first round of Vox Pops were dedicated to him.

Plus the phrase NewsJacko was used although that may have been in the informal bit.

Well done again to everyone with one liners and bigger well dones to those with actual sketches!

Jx

Sounds like a good night was had! I didn't find out I was in the recording till 6pm (well you can't blame them it's a tight schedule) which wasn't enough time for me to get there... Well done vox-poppers! Is that a score of three for Jane P now and two for Badge? And Dan's off the blacklist at last? Hurrah for the BCG.

Well done everyone!

I got an e-mail to say "some material" was being recorded in the Vox Pops section. Anyone know that's the same e-mail they send whether you have 1 or whether you have 2 or more? I sent in one on MJ (reference to his glove), one on Glastonbury and several on Wimbledon. So if there were none on Glasto or Wimbledon then my question is answered...

Quote: The Producer @ July 1 2009, 10:27 PM BST

Well done everyone!

I got an e-mail to say "some material" was being recorded in the Vox Pops section. Anyone know that's the same e-mail they send whether you have 1 or whether you have 2 or more? I sent in one on MJ (reference to his glove), one on Glastonbury and several on Wimbledon. So if there were none on Glasto or Wimbledon then my question is answered...

They did the Glove one - went down well - Wimbledon was mentioned a few times including a couple of VPs I think and Glastonbury mentioned once from memory.

The emails they send are quite vague - I'd assumed last week they meant they recorded one of mine but it was two so fingers crossed you have more!

And yes you're correct Griff - finally I've found an outlet for the voices in my head! I'm looking forward to hearing yours again on the radio.

Jx

Congratulations to everyone who got in!
I can't seem to get anywhere with this. Am I now on the banned list? :(