British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,922

Quote: David Bussell @ July 1 2009, 10:27 AM BST

*clotheslines Ellie*

*jumps off the turnbuckle to hurricanrana Bussell*

My bridesmaid dress has arrived. OH GOD *Puts face in hands in despair*.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ July 1 2009, 1:18 PM BST

My bridesmaid dress has arrived. OH GOD *Puts face in hands in despair*.

I can picture it now...

I wish.

It's a Bollywood theme wedding.....

Think Lengha and Saris.....

So, tacky?

Is that racist? Or offensive? Is Bollywood a race now? I don't know, but I do think Indian style can border on tacky to not tacky. But to e fair, that can be applied to anywhere on the Earth.

Quote: Leevil @ July 1 2009, 1:26 PM BST

So, tacky?

Is that racist? Or offensive? Is Bollywood a race now? I don't know, but I do think Indian style can border on tacky to not tacky. But to e fair, that can be applied to anywhere on the Earth.

My friend is obessed with Bollywood films so she wants a Bollywood theme... Subtle isn't in her nature. To be fair it's quite tasteful thanks to her partner (if she had it totally her way, I'm sure an elephant would be involved). It's just the dread I have wearing something someone else has picked out for me.

She says for the first sprog she wants a fairy theme Christening... Don't mind that, got plenty of fairy stuff.

My girlfriend is obsessed with Singstar: Bollywood. I tried playing it, but just couldn't follow; give me Singstar: Sing-a-long with Disney any day Cool

If it's a nice dress, do you get to keep it? If you do, look at it that way. Btw, is you friend white or Asian (in any way) it's going to look a bit odd with a church full of white people (fullstop) singing and dancing.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ July 1 2009, 1:35 PM BST

She says for the first sprog she wants a fairy theme Christening... Don't mind that, got plenty of fairy stuff.

Fairy Liquid Holy Water?

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ June 30 2009, 11:18 PM BST

English Literature. Pleased

And -

http://dura.cell.free.fr/home/swf/arms12.swf

Though Aaron will hate it because it's French.

That's quite funky.

She is white. Yes we have pointed this out. Yes it went in one ear.... But bless her. The dress will be mine for keeps (joy). Look, it has worked out a lot better than is was looking before. We told her there was no way we would dance down the aisle with her shaking ourselves and I managed to escape the green and orange creation she originally wanted me to wear. I have RED hair. I'll look like a traffic light. It's blue now...

She is very lovely.....and hyper and loud and insane. But I love her!

Laughing out loud Traffic light! Laughing out loud

That's it. Laugh at my pain Sandwich boy!

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ July 1 2009, 1:09 PM BST

Piece of advice. Work during your first and second year but not your third. Rely on your student overdraft/summer work pay then. You will get why when the time comes. Oh and never buy a fan heater because it eats electricity and angers your flatmates when the bill comes. Always have lots of 20ps and 50ps for laundry and electric meters in dodgy flats and never be ashamed to have all your own stuff. Some people are not as caring with shared stuff as you.

My baby is growing up! Teary

I am at home first year, so that will be okaaaay, and I had planned to stagger work, if I can ever find any!

Quote: EllieJP @ July 1 2009, 9:59 AM BST

Pinch, Punch, First Day of my favourite month! :)

Mine too. Pleased

Believe it or not, but getting a job at McDonald's can be a big boost for your C.V, especially if you work your way up the ranks.

I'm not suggestion you do this, with your massive brain n all, that has the potential to achieve a lot, lot, lot more. But it's always a thought.

Quote: Leevil @ July 1 2009, 2:06 PM BST

Believe it or not, but getting a job at McDonald's can be a big boost for your C.V, especially if you work your way up the ranks.

He is right. They are also much more willing to let you have time off for events and such, even if you are going away for 6 weeks and they having training programmes. The down side is smelling of fries and drunks.

Also, use your summers to work abroad. It's worth it.

Not that I would know because I missed my oppotunity thanks to my ex (gets bitter and mumbles abuse and bangs things) but I can see you at a American summer camp!

I miss some student stuff. Cheap travel, 10% discounts. But I don't miss being stupidly poor, all the work, and living in dumps.

Speaking of which, I wonder what my students got for PAR.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ July 1 2009, 2:27 PM BST

but I can see you at a American summer camp!

You too could have these amazing powers of sight with 'Roo's Long-Range Future-Seeing Prophetic Visionoculars.'(tm)