British Comedy Guide

Writing for Newsjack (aka 7 on 7) Page 50

Quote: Ian Wolf @ June 30 2009, 3:03 PM BST

I've just sent my one-liners in. I've written 14 vox pops and 4 corrections. Hopefully, one might get on the show.

Do the Vox pops & corrections count as one liners ?
I only sent in three as I thought that was the limit.

From the website:

Please submit no more than three sketches and three one-liners per week. This means we can get a chance to read as many people's submissions as possible. If we are interested and want more we will ask for it.

Quote: sootyj @ June 29 2009, 4:01 PM BST

He was a freighter pilot before he joined Red Squadron.

Hey has any one seen Wedge Antilles legs?

I just discovered that Lewis MacLeod out of off of Newsjack was also in Phantom Menace. He played Sebulba, "star racer of the Galactic Podracing Circuit".

Quote: Fred Sunshine @ June 30 2009, 3:22 PM BST

From the website:

Please submit no more than three sketches and three one-liners per week. This means we can get a chance to read as many people's submissions as possible. If we are interested and want more we will ask for it.

I think that is a change from the original brief - and a helpful clarification.

Well, I just sent eight Vox Pops in. But have considered myself clarified now.

Dan

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ June 30 2009, 3:26 PM BST

I just discovered that Lewis MacLeod out of off of Newsjack was also in Phantom Menace. He played Sebulba, "star racer of the Galactic Podracing Circuit".

I found that out when I went on a mighty piss-up session with him after the end of the 2nd series of RFTP. And that Peter Serafinowicz did the voice of Darth Maul.

Quote: Afinkawan @ June 30 2009, 3:50 PM BST

I found that out when I went on a mighty piss-up session with him after the end of the 2nd series of RFTP. And that Peter Serafinowicz did the voice of Darth Maul.

Oh, that sounds nice.

George Lucas told me.

Quote: Fred Sunshine @ June 30 2009, 3:22 PM BST

From the website:

Oh bollocks!

Oh and I got an email today asking me to rewrite a sketch, so fingers crossed and all that.

Good luck, Griff. :)

Good luck, Griff. Yes, thinking of you all this morning.

Only two weeks in, and my Wednesdays have taken on a grim significance, coloured by waves of nausea, insecurity and adrenalin.

I need help.

And my Thursdays as well.

Quote: biddyhell @ July 1 2009, 8:46 AM BST

Good luck, Griff. Yes, thinking of you all this morning.

Only two weeks in, and my Wednesdays have taken on a grim significance, coloured by waves of nausea, insecurity and adrenalin.

Is Wednesday the day you find out? So if you haven't found out by the end of the day you're f**ked for another week?

Quote: chipolata @ July 1 2009, 10:13 AM BST

Is Wednesday the day you find out? So if you haven't found out by the end of the day you're f**ked for another week?

No, Thursday afternoon generally.

I think Griff is 99% guaranteed to be in this week. :)
He was asked for a rewrite and presumably told to send it straight back to them.
Whereas, when I got a "nearly" email last week, I said to them "ok, I'll rewrite and send it back in about half hour" but they replied and said "sorry, you'll need to wait til next week now."
Mind you, it was after the deadline then.

No guarantees Mikey. The email warned me that it still might not make the readthrough, it might not make the recording, and it might not make the final edit. So fingers crossed, but I'll wait and see before uncorking the bubbly Skol.

Ah ok. Well, here's hoping. :)

Quote: chipolata @ July 1 2009, 10:13 AM BST

Sorry, chip, I didn't mean to put the wind up you. It's just that I sit around on Wednesday evening around about 7.30, wondering whether my words are being read out. Like I said: I need help.