British Comedy Guide

Writing for Newsjack (aka 7 on 7) Page 45

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ June 26 2009, 4:12 PM BST

What other stories? I've had BBC News channel on for 7 hours and it's been nothing but a relentless stream of Jacko pontification.

I've got a sketch already written so I'm just hoping that the police taser someone else next week.

Quote: Afinkawan @ June 26 2009, 4:22 PM BST

I've got a sketch already written so I'm just hoping that the police taser someone else next week.

How far are you willing to go for your art?

Maybe you could provoke them into tasering you? OK it'll sting a bit but just think of the joy when that eleven quid rolls in for your sketch.

Kevin - SNAP!

I've mentioned Michael Jackson in a sketch I've written, but indirectly. In the sketch I've made, it was Mark Thompson and the BBC who bumped him off so that an ever bigger story would be in the papers than their expenses scandal.

"It was a good day to bury bad news...but unfortunately that bad news was just as non-biodegradable as Michael Jackson."

Quote: Afinkawan @ June 26 2009, 4:33 PM BST

"It was a good day to bury bad news...but unfortunately that bad news was just as non-biodegradable as Michael Jackson."

I have to admit, that is a good one.

Who was it who came up with the "Bury, cremate or recycle?" gag? That's a goody.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ June 26 2009, 4:29 PM BST

I've mentioned Michael Jackson in a sketch I've written, but indirectly. In the sketch I've made, it was Mark Thompson and the BBC who bumped him off so that an ever bigger story would be in the papers than their expenses scandal.

What do you think the odds are of the BBC broadcasting a sketch, within a week of Michael Jackson's death, joking about themselves having murdered him?

It was a good day to bury bad news...but unfortunately that bad news was just as non-biodegradable as Michael Jackson

Too late.
I've already sent off a biodegradable Jacko funny.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ June 26 2009, 5:41 PM BST

Too late.
I've already sent off a biodegradable Jacko funny.

How many shitty Jackson gags do you think they're going to recieve though? Bloody millions!

yeah, I guess they'll be swamped, but I couldn't help myself... I was rather proud of the gag in a sick way, lol
....but I sent a few other oneliners with it too.

Quote: Griff @ June 26 2009, 4:45 PM BST

What do you think the odds are of the BBC broadcasting a sketch, within a week of Michael Jackson's death, joking about themselves having murdered him?

I don't know.

Just listened to this. Mine were a vox pop about Max Mosley and another about the oldest man in the world. It's becoming a real BCG show, we must have written about a quarter of it,

Hi peeps! Congrats to all who got on!

I'm just wondering, when writing a sketch do you double-space between each line of dialogue? I'm sure I remember reading something about that a while back but it just doesn't look right.

Sorry to sound a div but I've been out of the writing world for a while.

I use one blank line between each line of dialogue.