British Comedy Guide

Writing for Newsjack (aka 7 on 7) Page 43

Blow me, I have my first broadcast credit. Mum will be proud :D

Grats to Jane and John too. Looking forward to hearing your stuff.

(mine's a sketch about a teacher)

This is all v exciting for a radio novice like me.  I've received my email now, asking where they should send payment at the end of the run.  :)

The producer also made this comment which I'm hoping is a general reminder to all. Either that or I can't follow simple instructions! So just to remind everyone submitting:

"PS. in future, can you please ensure you title each document with your name first and then the title of your sketch and within each document you add a header with your name, email address and sketch title please..? "

Jx

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ June 25 2009, 7:29 PM BST

Blow me, I have my first broadcast credit. Mum will be proud :D

Grats to Jane and John too. Looking forward to hearing your stuff.

(mine's a sketch about a teacher)

We're all proud. :)

I'm looking forward to hearing the show even more now it seems we've written half of it between us.

Jx

David Melkevik got on a second week in a row I notice... Congrats to those picked again. I'm green.

I posted the rejected material in Critique.

:) :) :)

I'm also chuffed! I've got a correction on apparently.

Well done David, Jane, John, Kevin, and any successful lurkers out there. Great result for the BCG.

Quote: Jane P @ June 25 2009, 7:44 PM BST

The producer also made this comment which I'm hoping is a general reminder to all. Either that or I can't follow simple instructions! So just to remind everyone submitting:

"PS. in future, can you please ensure you title each document with your name first and then the title of your sketch and within each document you add a header with your name, email address and sketch title please..? "

No need for paranoia Jane - I got that as well. It's not on the general submission instructions but I guess it makes it easy to find sketches by the same writer if their name is at the start of each file name.

Yeah, well done Jane, Badge, Dave, Kevin and anyone else on BCG.

I can't say what I got on, as I sent five vox pops and four corrections, and they're bound to have chosen the one I'd least expect to get on. After the disappointment of not getting through the edit last week this was doubly satisfying.

And the reminder about the layout for the heading etc. wasn't aimed at you personally, Jane, I got it too. Although in my case it was appropriate, as I hadn't followed their instructions.

Well done to all who got on.
OK, who did which sketch then?

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ June 25 2009, 11:38 PM BST

Well done to all who got on.
OK, who did which sketch then?

Thank God you're ok Mikey.
I saw the news and well, I thought the worst.

:D

Quote: Fred Sunshine @ June 25 2009, 11:39 PM BST

Laughing out loud

Quote: Fred Sunshine @ June 25 2009, 11:39 PM BST

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Back to Newswipe, mine was the Lady Thatcher correction.

The sketch towards the start of tonight's episode, with Gordon Brown as a maths teacher... most of that was mine. Not all, but most.

Quote: Badge @ June 25 2009, 11:47 PM BST

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Back to Newswipe, mine was the Lady Thatcher correction.

You're writing for Brooker as well? Respect.

Cool. Well done. :)

And don't worry. I'm fine. It was another Michael Jackson from the U.S. apparently. :P

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ June 26 2009, 12:00 AM BST

You're writing for Brooker as well? Respect.

Ha! I wish. Wipe, jack, all the same innit?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ June 26 2009, 12:00 AM BST

The sketch towards the start of tonight's episode, with Gordon Brown as a maths teacher... most of that was mine. Not all, but most.

Nice one Kevin - I thought that was about the best of the sketch bunch this week.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ June 25 2009, 2:55 PM BST

it looks like I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board.

I don't think that's the sort of sketch they had in mind.

No luck again last night. How can a topical satire show turn down a sketch which starts like this?

MILES: A Government Inquiry into the Iraq War, the BNP getting voted to Europe and MPs actually resigning when they are caught breaking the rules. Like most people, I thought pigs would fly before any of those happened. But then the Swine Flu...

Quote: Badge @ June 26 2009, 12:43 AM BST

Nice one Kevin - I thought that was about the best of the sketch bunch this week.

Was my favourite too, really clever. Good work Kev.

I managed to get two corrections on -- the Russell Brand one and paying the expenses back -- but I have to admit I preferred both the Gordon Brown and the Lady Thatcher gags. Badge, you killed the audience with that one!