British Comedy Guide

Writing for Newsjack (aka 7 on 7) Page 41

I think the writers' room also suggests using Word format.

PDF is a portable document format (I think) it's what Adobe Acrobat uses.

No word back from them yet which means either they hate me or my awesome gag is in this week.

They sent some one round to smash up my computer and stamp on my hands.

Well it might have been BBC or it might have been QVC they both seem to be sick of me.

No word back from them yet which means either they hate me or my awesome gag is in this week.

does this mean that they tend to inform people who've got stuff in after they've recorded it? or is this just wishful thinking?
Anyone have anyone recieved a rejection email for this weeks show.

Quote: Paul Campbell @ June 25 2009, 11:41 AM BST

does this mean that they tend to inform people who've got stuff in after they've recorded it?

From the sounds of it, a few people got a close-but-no-cigar email after the recording or possibly after the broadcast, which suggests they cut it at rehearsals/read-through/for time.

It could also suggest that they didn't think of sending that sort of sort of encouraging email until later.

This popped into my in-box a few minutes ago.

"Just a quick email to say that we recorded some of your material for Newsjack last night. As is the way with these sorts of shows we recorded more material than we can actually fit into the show, so I can't tell you at the moment whether your material will be in the final edit."

First time my stuff's been performed, let alone recorded.

Big smiley face.

Well done Kev!

Dan

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ June 25 2009, 12:27 PM BST

This popped into my in-box a few minutes ago.

"Just a quick email to say that we recorded some of your material for Newsjack last night. As is the way with these sorts of shows we recorded more material than we can actually fit into the show, so I can't tell you at the moment whether your material will be in the final edit."

First time my stuff's been performed, let alone recorded.

Big smiley face.

- Hotmail collapses feom everyone checking for emails -

Well done Kevin!

Excellent stuff Kevin!!!

That's a wonderful email to get, Kevin :D

Nice one.

Means they'll remember your name when you send more material through, too.

Well done Kevin. Sounds like you got a sketch in. The holy grail.

I just read a similar email - except they recorded one of my Vox Pops - as I only sent two I'm well chuffed as well.

:D :D :D

Apologies for my immodest bragging but I've never had anything on the radio before and it was one of my goals! Woo Hoo!

Now I shall continue to bombard them with sketches!

Jx

Nice one Jane! Bragging rights are definitely allowed for this.

Well done Jane. Hope it gets broadcast then you're a 'proper' writer :P

Dan

Nice one Jane.

I submitted a sketch and a couple of one-liners. My email didn't specify which was recorded, but the subject line was "Newsjack Sketch", so I'm hopeful it was the sketch.

Roll on 11pm...

Congrats to Jane + Kevin, though it sounds more like 'gaargharaaaaa!' at my end.