British Comedy Guide

Writing for Newsjack (aka 7 on 7) Page 37

Sent in a sketch + 3 Apologies this week. Hope they're better suited to what they're looking for.

Has anybody sent in viewers e-mails or celebrity diary? They didn't seem to make it from the list of regular features?

One sketch sent Saturday, autoreply today. Looks like they must have just turned it on.

I've sent in one sketch and one, 1 liner.

Didn't want to over tax myself.

That and I couldn't come up with anything else worthy.

I was too busy to try my hand last week, but I've sent in a couple one-liners this week.

I was feeling left out, so I have had a stab this week, with a very short sketch, and a handful of voxpops and corrections. I look forward to joining in the general sense of disappointment.

Too busy this week. Might try some Vox Pops. The crunchy cereal with a full days serving of despair.

Quote: Little Jersey Devil @ June 22 2009, 1:56 PM BST

Too busy this week. Might try some Vox Pops. The crunchy cereal with a full days serving of despair.

Well crunchy cereal is about to become less crunchy and more crushed. They're going to do away with cardboard cereal boxes and sell it in bags only. That's what my cursory Newsjack news research taught me today. :D

Quote: dduff442 @ June 22 2009, 11:21 AM BST

Sent in a sketch + 3 Apologies this week.

That's funny, because I've sent in 3 apologies for a sketch.

Arghhhh, so near but yet so far.

I got an "almost there by a whisker, but not quite" email from exective producer Katie Tyrrell. Nice lass.

She loved the sketches, but one was a bit too long.
I got plenty of helpful feedback too. :)

I asked if I could send her more as I have a queue of sketches, but it's not allowed. SOB!

Ah well. At least I know how to improve next week.
It's like knowing the secret Coca Cola recipe. :P

Was that about the sketches you sent in for this week's show Mikey?

Yes, Dolly. I sent my three in on Saturday, with the feedback email arriving in my inbox this morning.

Something to be said then for beating the last minute rush...

Well, good luck to everybody else who sent stuff in. :)

Wouldn't it be cool to make is a totally BCG show? :)

I sent in 1 sketch. Good luck all.