British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,916

:D

On an unrelated subject...

Did anyone else see the Daily Mirror the other day?

It had a piece in the 'TV Land' section about a comedy fan on Twitter being told off by Graham Lineham.

Apparently the Twitterer had just posted "I'm just downloading The IT Crowd".

Graham (as the Mirror said, the writer of Father Ted and Black Books) then twittered the person back and told them to go and "buy it".

What amused me the most, however, was that the Mirror accompanied this story with a picture of ARTHUR MATTHEWS!

Just goes to how interchangeable and anonymous us comedy writers really are to the real world (even the exceptionally talented and successful ones).

Awww, mummy sparrow feeding tiny baby sparrows outside my window.
*dies of cuteness*

Quote: zooo @ June 21 2009, 2:33 PM BST

Awww, mummy sparrow feeding tiny baby sparrows outside my window.
*dies of cuteness*

Yeah, nothing says cute like a mouthful of regurgitated bugs and worms.

Quote: DaButt @ June 21 2009, 2:35 PM BST

Yeah, nothing says cute like a mouthful of regurgitated bugs and worms.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Yummy!

Acccctually it was bits of bread from the lawn. :)
Must be a veggie sparrow.

:D Awww at the sparrow!

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ June 21 2009, 3:14 PM BST

:D Awww at the sparrow!

Didn't one kill Cock Robin?

Yeah, but he was only sullying my name!

Ha ha, cock Robyn.
*snigger*

;)

What do you make of this then?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/jun/21/kingsnorth-protester-arrests-video-complaint

Now, I must say - those two protesters were f**king annoying though.

Real self-righteous lot.

Quote: Tim Walker @ June 21 2009, 11:16 AM BST

:D

On an unrelated subject...

Did anyone else see the Daily Mirror the other day?

It had a piece in the 'TV Land' section about a comedy fan on Twitter being told off by Graham Lineham.

Apparently the Twitterer had just posted "I'm just downloading The IT Crowd".

Graham (as the Mirror said, the writer of Father Ted and Black Books) then twittered the person back and told them to go and "buy it".

What amused me the most, however, was that the Mirror accompanied this story with a picture of ARTHUR MATTHEWS!

Just goes to how interchangeable and anonymous us comedy writers really are to the real world (even the exceptionally talented and successful ones).

So that'll be a "No" then? Please yourselves.

Quote: Tim Walker @ June 21 2009, 11:16 AM BST

even the exceptionally talented and successful ones

I thought you said they used a picture of Arthur Matthews?

Quote: Seefacts @ June 22 2009, 4:20 PM BST

What do you make of this then?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/jun/21/kingsnorth-protester-arrests-video-complaint

Now, I must say - those two protesters were f**king annoying though.

Real self-righteous lot.

A lot of those protestors really are total self-righteous cocks, yes. But in that case the police were totally out of order. They don't do themselves any favours, totally undermining everything they're meant to be there for, and to stand for. The Met's tactics at G20 were one thing, but a small group of people just sitting and standing around a field puts their behaviour in a whole new context.

Does anyone else think that Blu-ray cover art looks absolutely ridiculous? The stupid blue band across the top always makes it look like it's inside one of those plastic anti-theft cases they have them inside in some shops. Just use a single flipping logo in the corner!