British Comedy Guide

Writing for Newsjack (aka 7 on 7) Page 32

Quote: Jane P @ June 18 2009, 10:26 AM BST

Sorry Dolly - nothing like that.

I thought as much.... Angry

Still, there's plenty of time for them to change the show during the run.

Any of the following feature?

+Ideas for Ross Kemp's new show
+Destitute Housewives
+A G Brown press conference about whether Labour is still a national party?

Sorry to ask but this is driving me insane...

Best send a private message to Jane P if you want to know.

There is a faint chance that one of my sketches might have got on, but I'm not holding out much hope.

Post it as your 'landmark post' if you did! ;)

Dan

I will if it gets broadcast. Pleased

There was a similar themed one to Ian's but I don't think it was his now I've heard more.

This is officially a horrible job - telling people they didn't make it.

If I go again I'm not telling you all until after!

If it helps in terms of what to send I'll try to let you know which sketches didn't make it to the show (if I can remember) but may have been close.

We should find out who the writers are later as well...

Jx

:), poor Jane!

I think it'll probably get easier to get stuff on as the series goes on - a lot of people won't bother after the first few rejections.

Also, the show'll 'find its voice' around three episodes in, as Tilt did and it's easier to know what to aim for towards the end of the series.

Dan

Ideas for Ross Kemp's new show

I've got a similar sketch like that, where Ross doesn't want to appear in any more dangerous shows. (Although it's not what I sent them)

Quote: Jane P @ June 18 2009, 12:36 PM BST

There was a similar themed one to Ian's but I don't think it was his now I've heard more.

This is officially a horrible job - telling people they didn't make it.

If I go again I'm not telling you all until after!

If it helps in terms of what to send I'll try to let you know which sketches didn't make it to the show (if I can remember) but may have been close.

We should find out who the writers are later as well...

Jx

Hopefully everyone realises they have about a 1% chance of success so I wouldn't worry too much. However, your efforts are still much appreciated!

Does anyone on here really care if they find out whether their stuff made it in before listening to the show? Personally I'd rather know in advance. Otherwise, if my stuff didn't make the cut then I've stayed in for no reason (I'd rather download the podcast and listen at leisure), plus - if there are a couple of real clunkers broadcast - I'll take ages to get to sleep due to frothing at the mouth in righteous anger!

Hopefully everyone realises they have about a 1% chance of success so I wouldn't worry too much

It was the same with Watson's Wind Up; i.e. regular writers doing the main stuff with a few slots for the non comms to fill.

They portray Newsjack as "wholly written by the public" but my guess is that regular items are written by an in-house team.

Look if you're in you're in and if you're not you're not.

Wait and commiserate or celebrate with your online chums

Quote: sootyj @ June 18 2009, 2:30 PM BST

Look if you're in you're in and if you're not you're not.

Wait and commiserate or celebrate with your online chums

Well quite. Back in the old 'Weekending' days, of course, we'd have the meeting on the Wednesday, stick the sketches in the in-tray on the Thursday and we'd only know if we were in or not on the actual broadcast on the Friday. None of this checking e-mails every 5 seconds.

Hi Jane, did one of the sketches have the word 'the' in it? I definitely think I wrote that in one of mine.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ June 18 2009, 3:03 PM BST

Hi Jane, did one of the sketches have the word 'the' in it? I definitely think I wrote that in one of mine.

Bloody plagiarist!