British Comedy Guide

Writing for Newsjack (aka 7 on 7) Page 29

I think the worry is do those 12 count as 1 of your 3 sketches?

Because the deadline for vox pops is later, I'm working on the basis that they'll let you send three sketches before 12noon on the Monday and then some vox pops today too.

And then if they don't use any of my stuff I'll assume it's because I took a risk and broke the rules, not because my material was a bit shit. Huh?

Yeah, they have a submission ration book. You need to use vouchers from it to submit. 12 one-liners equals one sketch.

Or 12oz of dried egg. :)

From what I read in their brief, you are allowed to sending in 3 sketches, plus a sheet of one-liners/vox pops.

Normally, I'm pretty sure they would count a doc of one-liners as one of your 3 entries. Otherwise you could send in an infinite number of submissions. As others have said, you might get away with 3 other items plus a late up-to-the-minute Vox Pops, i.e. so there was no way you could send it at the same as your other stuff. However, if you send in extra vox pops on Tues that could have been written at the same time as your other stuff, you're just going to annoy them.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Well I've sent a sheet of oneliners/corrections and a sheet of vox pops. I'm figuring, as long as you're not completely overboard they won't mind to much.

(You know there's always going to be some idiot who will send in their 128 page horror screenplay set in 18th century France.)

Quote: Hennell @ June 16 2009, 1:39 PM BST

(You know there's always going to be some idiot who will send in their 128 page horror screenplay set in 18th century France.)

Who the hell would do that?

*quickly deletes "The Guillatine's Revenge"*

To be honest, given the choice between a horror screenplay in 18thC France and 3,000 sketches about Gordon Brown's glass eye I know which I'd rather read.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ June 16 2009, 1:43 PM BST

Who the hell would do that?

*shuffles nervously and tries to look cool*

Um, that would be me?

Just kidding. Living in France it seemed a good way to get in the conversation. I sent in 3 sketches but heard diddly since. Oignons, oignons....

Cool

Hi David. Welcome to BCG!

Even if you do get something in, you won't hear anything till after the recording. Might not even know anything about it until you hear it in the episode!

Dan

Thanks, I'll check in online. Looks like I have a few thousand posts to catch up with!

Wave

If anyone wants a ticket for tonight's recording (starts 7:30 at the Radio Theatre), PM me and I'll forward you mine. I can't make it tonight so it's available.

Ta

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ June 17 2009, 8:56 AM BST

If anyone wants a ticket for tonight's recording (starts 7:30 at the Radio Theatre), PM me and I'll forward you mine. I can't make it tonight so it's available.

Ta

Dan

Is it just one ticket?