British Comedy Guide

Writing for Newsjack (aka 7 on 7) Page 28

Hi All,

I sent in 3 sketches after reading this thread and the thread on Tilt from last year. I'll identify and material that made it and post any material rejected here when they get back to me.

Regards,
dduff442

Shall we have a prize for the first person to make an embittered comment on their stuff not being picked.

Rule being no moaning till you know you're definitely rejected.

I'll kick off then - I was so certain of rejection that I didn't even submit anything. The bastards!

You cheat! Good thing we didn't agree a prize.

Shame though Timbo you're an ace writer.

N.B. any one having a go at those last minute vox pops?

Yuh-huh. Too right. I can take two lots of rejection in two days! :)

Dan

Quote: sootyj @ June 15 2009, 7:35 PM BST

N.B. any one having a go at those last minute vox pops?

Definitely. I thought I had quite a few earlier, but re-listened to the pilot and found all their vox pop topics were on the same thing. I was figuring we'd each write in with 4~6 'pops' on a topic of our choosing, and they'd use a couple of subjects by different people throughout the show. If they want one topic I've no idea how it'll work.

Still, it's always more fun sending stuff in, even if the only thing you feel you've got 'right' is that you've written it in English.

I was considering it but I wasn't sure if that was acceptable on top of the three other sketches. Also, this is the first week so it's probably a bit different. I might try a bonus extra vox-pops submission once it's up and running.

Why not? If the worst comes to the worst you'll know you're unsuccesful intime to send them to NewsRevue or post them here and win the aproval of your fellow writers?

Anyone else going to the recording tomorrow? Or is everyone specifically avoiding telling me cos they think I'm a bit weird?

Dan

Quote: sootyj @ June 16 2009, 9:59 AM BST

Why not?

Because if you send more than the allowed three you might get banned from sending in future weeks? What I'm not clear about is whether your page of Vox Pops have to count as one of your three, or whether you can send three sketches plus your Vox Pops. What do people think?

Oooh look, Newsjack's got a logo now.

Well they say they'll answer questions so I may just ask/.

Good plan.

Well, technically they say 'Please submit no more than three sketches per week' and I would say one-liners are not sketches by definition.

Also, Micheal Jacob assures us 'there is no BBC blacklist'. I'm obviously on it, so can't agree, but he's more official than I am. :)

Dan

No it's a bright orange list.

I wrote a skit insulting Jonathon Ross and they painted me bright orange and shot me in the leg.

Call that public serice broadcasting I ask you?

"If you are e-mailing several one-liners, please paste them directly into the email or attach them in one document. Don't attach 12 documents for 12 one-liners."

Surely the clear implication of this is that you can submit multiple one-liners.
Doesn't sound like you're limited to three.