British Comedy Guide

Glee

Anyone catch the pilot for the show? I thought it was pretty funny. I wasn't crazy about some of the cheesy plot but it has some really funny actors and actresses and some good jokes.
Most of you probably haven't got it yet over the pond but I know its available for free on Fox's website.
It's apparently done by the same people behind Nip/Tuck if that means anything to anyone (I don't watch it). Here's a promo for the show

Saw it and really liked it! I especially like the Tracey Flick type character and I thought the fella playing the teacher was very charming. I wonder how long it will last though. It seemed a bit quirky and weird for mainstream american TV. Also Ryan Murpheys first show Popular is quite similar so you should check that out too!

Watched it last night for the first time. Although they did two episodes back to back I only watched the first as I was so tired.

Really liked the first one though. Laughed a lot and they've got a good range of characters. It really reminded me of tonnes of films I've watched before though.

Quote: Curt @ May 22 2009, 4:13 PM GMT

It's apparently done by the same people behind Nip/Tuck if that means anything to anyone (I don't watch it).

It means it'll be shallow but entertaining, if it's anything like Nip/Tuck.

Just watched the second episode.

I'm going to be hooked.

I just watched the first two episodes. At first I was unsure about it..it was a weird mix of schmaltz and some really funny, sinister jokes but then I just got into it, like Ellie I have a feeling I'm going to be hooked.

Yeah there are some too softy bits which could do with being cut. I prefer the dark bits, but I guess you need the balance to be a successful USA sitcom.

It's alright if there's not much else on. The best character by far (so far) is the Cheerleader coach.

My wife loves this show. She was hooked to the soap opera style story lines I think.

Some real LOLs in this show, quite a few of which come from jokes that you're really not expecting to find in a kids' show.

I think I may continue to watch.

I watched a few minutes, some scene with a bloke in a wheelchair being put in a bog, couldn't get into it maybe try again

Watched third episode last night. It felt a bit disjointed from the last one as I hadn't realised the teacher had quit Glee (or that he didn't want to work with them any more). Very weird that the bully joined in too.

I still laughed a number of times, but it wasn't the best.

Yeah it wasn't as good last night. I loved the gay teacher returning but overall it was a bit disappointing. Hopefully next week's will pick up.

Next week's is my favourite episode so far.

That episode was ace.

So so good! :)