British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 436

I went into Yeovil Waterstones once to find an Oscar Wilde play they didn't have. I said maybe it's in the gay section. The whole shop went quiet, they all looked at me and the assistant said 'we don't have a... 'gay' section'.
I went a bit red.

Quote: Leevil @ June 10 2009, 6:01 PM BST

What fuse was it?

A 15amp glass delay fuse - John Updike.

Quote: Seefacts @ June 10 2009, 6:02 PM BST

A 15amp glass delay fuse - John Updike.

:D

Quote: zooo @ June 10 2009, 6:02 PM BST

I went into Yeovil Waterstones once to find an Oscar Wilde play they didn't have. I said maybe it's in the gay section. The whole shop went quiet, they all looked at me and the assistant said 'we don't have a... 'gay' section'.
I went a bit red.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: Leevil @ June 10 2009, 5:29 PM BST

Quick PC question: Is it the Processor or Memory that makes apps loads quicker? Basically, what I'm asking is, which do I need to make it easier for me to have more that one app running?

Load quicker, both.
More running, memory.
More running AND usable, both.

I went a bit red.

Aw, so liberal!

Quote: Aaron @ June 10 2009, 6:27 PM BST

Load quicker, both.
More running, memory.
More running AND usable, both.

I went a bit red.

Yeah, the Yeovil Waterstones is fairly crap. (Try upstairs in WH Smith's instead.)

Also, remember Yeovil has a different spectrum of sexuality. 'Gay' is usually employed to describe a man who hasn't f**ked his mother/sister. 'Bisexual' is a man who has only slept with his father (dressed up as his sister). Country people, country ways...

There's a gay section in Wood's wine bar, if that helps. :)

Haha!

Yes WHS is much better for books.
You'd think the town was big enough to have a nice big multi-floored bookshop, but it doesn't even have a second hand bookshop. Bloody weird town if you ask me.

The new PC World advert :O

Quote: Seefacts @ June 10 2009, 5:55 PM BST

TTPYO:

Shops.

Remember that time you went into a shop and came away with exactly what you wanted?

No, because it didn't f**king happen.

Would Waterstones stock one of the most famous modern novels of all time, widely considered a classic? No, no, they wouldn't.

Would Maplin stock a certain fuse. No, no they wouldn't.

F**k off Halfords as well.

Quote: Seefacts @ June 13 2009, 1:42 PM BST

You've gotta love their guide books, gives you two variations of batteries, and neither are the right size I mean wtf! and there is no point asking the guys who work there some of them don't even know what a car is.

Quote: Seefacts @ June 13 2009, 1:42 PM BST

Does Halfords still exist? How thrilling! Not being lower middle-class myself I wouldn't have noticed.

People writing 'could of' insread of 'could have'. And it's spelled I-N-E-D-I-B-L-E. And smelt is something you do with metal, not your f**king nose!

Quote: Balf @ June 14 2009, 12:18 PM BST

And smelt is something you do with metal, not your f**king nose!

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

I could of ate some sausages, but they smelt funny and were probably unedible. Whistling nnocently