British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 829

Just me then. :P

I prefered Life on Mars as a series, just not the ending.

Quote: Gavin @ June 8 2009, 10:06 PM BST

Honestly?

Yes.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 8 2009, 10:06 PM BST

Nah

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 8 2009, 10:01 PM BST

imo

You guys know there's a third series of Ashes to Ashes coming right?

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 8 2009, 10:01 PM BST

imo,

Ah, I honestly thought you meant in someone elses opinion . . . ;)

:P

Quote: dannyjb1 @ June 8 2009, 10:14 PM BST

You guys know there's a third series of Ashes to Ashes coming right?

Yes, cheers Danny.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 8 2009, 10:13 PM BST

Just me then. :P

:) Nought wrong with it man.

Nope, it's often like that.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 8 2009, 10:32 PM BST

Nope, it's often like that.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

I'll cope. :D

Quote: Scottidog @ June 6 2009, 11:18 PM BST

I bet they never wrote the sketches though?

They did. And do.

Quote: PhQnix @ June 6 2009, 11:52 PM BST

zooo has quite a nice boyfriend

Really?

Quote: zooo @ June 7 2009, 8:42 PM BST

If you do meet her, could you punch her please?

Militant liberalism.

Ashes to Ashes: Lovin' the ending. That's a proper ending that is. Tickles it up nicely for the third series. This show is far more interesting than its predecessor, methinks. More intriguing.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 9 2009, 10:24 AM BST

This show is far more interesting than its predecessor, methinks. More intriguing.

I wouldn't say so, though that was a nice little ending.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 9 2009, 10:26 AM BST

I wouldn't say so, though that was a nice little ending.

Nice? It was proper!

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 9 2009, 10:24 AM BST

Ashes to Ashes: Lovin' the ending. That's a proper ending that is. Tickles it up nicely for the third series. This show is far more interesting than its predecessor, methinks. More intriguing.

I think the woman in it is the weak link. She's not as good an actor as Gerbil-Faced Simm.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 9 2009, 10:27 AM BST

Nice? It was proper!

It was only the last few minutes though, the other ending, with the bent/not really bent cop who was also from the future was a bit of a let down. And why did he kill his younger self anyway? Him turning out to be a good guy after all felt a little lame. And if he was a good guy after all, why act like a scary shit for the rest of the series??

Having said all that I still did really enjoy it!

From todays Sun;

ASHES To Ashes writers have vowed to reveal the secrets of hard-nut cop Gene Hunt - next year.
The second series of the 1982-set BBC1 smash ended on a baffling cliffhanger last night.

It saw DI Alex Drake (Keeley Hawes) - who woke in the past after being shot - finally make it back to the present. But DCI Hunt (Philip Glenister) is seen screaming for her through a portal to the modern world.

Writers Matthew Graham and Ashley Pharoah, who wrote forerunner show Life on Mars, said the next series will answer questions about what happens to Gene and Alex.

Ashley said: "It will be full of twists and turns to keep viewers guessing before a stunning finale."

In Life On Mars another modern-day DI - Sam Tyler (John Simm) - wakes in 1972 after he's hit by a car. He also ends up working for no-nonsense Hunt. He, too, gets back to the present, but then returns to the 70s. He is said to have died - but there's no body.

Ashes To Ashes executive producer Simon Crawford Collins said series three will solve unanswered questions - and may see Tyler return.

He said: "Will Alex make it back home? What will become of Gene and will we ever discover what happened to Sam? Viewers won't be left disappointed." Series three will be screened next year.

Ooooh.