British Comedy Guide

What are you listening to now? Page 602

Quote: The Cool Mikado @ May 27 2009, 3:30 PM BST

How I Learned to Love the Bootboys - The Auteurs

Aaaah, The Auteurs! - Underrated, class act.

Quote: PhQnix @ May 27 2009, 2:44 PM BST

Nooo! Honestly Darren, so far from it. There are plenty of amazing and original artists around, but none of them get the airplay they deserve. Everything that comes through on the radio is so limited, that's what really grinds me the most about it I think. It's really easy to be disillusioned with the state of music when you turn on the radio, but the reality is that it's as vibrant as ever.

Yet you refuse to listen to Fleet Foxes. :P They're not even *that* amazing, but it's the principle now. Unimpressed

Am downloading it now, okay? :P

The Maccabees

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 27 2009, 3:58 PM BST

The Maccabees

Although quite good still juts another run of the mill indie band aren't they!

I'll always have a soft spot for them though, I think, having first listened to them so long ago.

Tim Minchin - Song For Phil Daoust

The Crane Wife 1 & 2 by The Decemberists.

Hey, all you Indie fans out there! Stop gazing at your shoes and get on the damn dancefloor!! MARVA WHITNEY & THE JB'S - ITS MY THING LIVE 1969

Quote: catskillz @ May 27 2009, 10:56 PM BST

Hey, all you Indie fans out there! Stop gazing at your shoes and get on the damn dancefloor!! MARVA WHITNEY & THE JB'S - ITS MY THING LIVE 1969

I remember seeing a lot of great bands on the Mike Douglas Show back in the 60s and 70s. I think John and Yoko did an entire week?

Everything's Gone Green - New Order.

Blondie - Wow they are a good solid band!

Cake - I Will Survive(Live)

William Shatner - Common People

I am listening to Arcade Fire, reeeeeally loud! :D