British Comedy Guide

The Works - seeking sketch writers! Page 5

They have -- our crap submissions :)

Dan

I never sent anything in. Maybe I will now. :)

Nearly 400 on Facebook! Ouch... :(

So they say "keep submitting sketches" - is that an invitation to send more than the initial 3 they asked for, I wonder...

I took that as a cue to send them every sketch I had ever written.

Quote: James Harris @ May 1 2009, 9:49 AM BST

So they say "keep submitting sketches" - is that an invitation to send more than the initial 3 they asked for, I wonder...

Thats what I was wondering.

Anyone else heard?

Nope, does that mean you have Yacob?

Yep. Got the email this morning. Been asked to re-write 2 of them. They've given me a looooooooot of notes.

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ May 27 2009, 1:11 PM BST

Yep. Got the email this morning. Been asked to re-write 2 of them. They've given me a looooooooot of notes.

Good for you-and 'pah!' for me. I never do well at these sort of things! It always bugs me if anyone gives me a lot of notes for a sketch. It's a sketch, if it takes that much to make it decent then it can't be any good in the first place!! Err . . . not that I'm saying anything bad about your sketches Mr Wingnut..!

Please, I write TONS of bad sketches. I feel sorry for any script editor or producer who has to put up with me.

These things always feel a bit random. One of the sketches I sent to them they ignored completely but since then it's been recorded for a Radio 4 show. I have a friend who wrote for Mitchell and Webb and Armstrong and Miller and yet couldn't get anything onto RFTP.

Very much agree with your opinion on sketch notes. Yeah, what's with that?

Wow Yacob looks like it's only you, well done and give them hell.

No, nothing for me either. Looks like Yacob's got the whole show to himself ;) Well done, mate!

Only last week I sent them a big batch after the 'keep submitting sketches' email.

It would be nice to write regularly for something like this. It's all a bit hit and miss picking up scraps for radio shows and the like at the moment!

Dan

I recently sent a big batch too, so presumably they're still wading through sketches.

Maybe we should put together our own eyecatching and brilliant sketch show?

It'd have to reflect our joint efforts and skills.

Maybe
"Sootyj's poorly spelled fantasmagoria?"