British Comedy Guide

What are you listening to now? Page 601

Love Empire of the Sun. great album.

Now listening to Groove Armada - Best of.

Quote: Darren Pomroy @ May 27 2009, 10:05 AM BST

Absolute Radio, no repeats baby!

What do they mean by "no repeats"? Is it in a certain timeframe or something? 'cos last time I listened to Absolute Radio Lily Allen's song was being repeated and Christian O'Connell was being repeatedly unfunny. :P

Quote: PhQnix @ May 27 2009, 10:38 AM BST

What do they mean by "no repeats"? Is it in a certain timeframe or something? 'cos last time I listened to Absolute Radio Lily Allen's song was being repeated and Christian O'Connell was being repeatedly unfunny. :P

Bite your tongue man. Christian is king of the airwaves in the mornings. Between 10am and 5pm they have the no repeats!

Quote: Darren Pomroy @ May 27 2009, 10:47 AM BST

Bite your tongue man. Christian is king of the airwaves in the mornings. Between 10am and 5pm they have the no repeats!

That really doesn't sound like he's king of all that much. :P

I do not like music radio, it tends to exemplify the very worst traits of the music industry. Bland music, boring presenters and uninteresting musicians. I would, however, love to work as a radio presenter.

Asthmatic
by Windmill

Quote: PhQnix @ May 27 2009, 10:51 AM BST

I do not like music radio, it tends to exemplify the very worst traits of the music industry. Bland music, boring presenters and uninteresting musicians. I would, however, love to work as a radio presenter.

Asthmatic
by Windmill

Laughing out loud I do agree with you strangely enough, I think the music industry has hit a rock bottom patch and running out of ideas but I work in an office with three women all of whom are topshop princesses and insist on music radio.

S I have a choice, Christian or that fat idiot over at Radio 1.

Bland music, boring presenters and uninteresting musicians.

Yet this kind of radio is easy to write and edit to. And to have on in the background of an office.

Quote: PhQnix @ May 27 2009, 10:38 AM BST

Yes, I must agree about O'Connell. Heard him on his previous station, XFM - he appears to be one of these post-laddy Chris Evans types, thinking he's very amusing and cool. And he isn't.

'Peridido' by Dave Brubeck

Asthmatic
by Windmill

At least Absolute has an identity - not like Heart or Smooth.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ May 27 2009, 11:42 AM BST

Yes, I must agree about O'Connell. Heard him on his previous station, XFM - he appears to be one of these post-laddy Chris Evans types, thinking he's very amusing and cool. And he isn't.

O'Connell is the best of a bad bunch of music radio presenters I think! But Absolute Radio is head and shoulders above the rest.

Quote: Darren Pomroy @ May 27 2009, 2:01 PM BST

O'Connell is the best of a bad bunch of music radio presenters I think! But Absolute Radio is head and shoulders above the rest.

If I listen to any music stations, it's 6 music. But even that has plenty of annoying tits on it, I must say.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ May 27 2009, 2:09 PM BST

If I listen to any music stations, it's 6 music. But even that has plenty of annoying tits on it, I must say.

What can we do, we live in a world where music seems to have run out of idea's!

Quote: Darren Pomroy @ May 27 2009, 2:25 PM BST

Well, it's not the fault of the music, it's the over-paid shit-mouths who do the uninspired yap between the platters.

Quote: Darren Pomroy @ May 27 2009, 2:25 PM BST

Nooo! Honestly Darren, so far from it. There are plenty of amazing and original artists around, but none of them get the airplay they deserve. Everything that comes through on the radio is so limited, that's what really grinds me the most about it I think. It's really easy to be disillusioned with the state of music when you turn on the radio, but the reality is that it's as vibrant as ever.

The Latest Toughs
by Okkervil River

How I Learned to Love the Bootboys - The Auteurs