British Comedy Guide

What are you listening to now? Page 600

That's because you're Cool Scats.

:$ Thanks, though I doubt it.

Imperial Bedroom by Elvis Costello. One of his 3 best albums.

Have you seen the new Elvis Costello show David?

Jens Lekman :D

I remember there being a small but passionate contingent of Ben Folds fans on this forum (*cough* zooo *cough*), I think Jens might be right up your street. Pleased

Quote: Curt @ May 26 2009, 1:25 AM BST

Have you seen the new Elvis Costello show David?

Nope. Where is that?

Listening to a Johnny Kidd and the Pirates compilation. I've seen the Pirates a couple of times over the last 8 years and remember Kidd from when I was one.

Some good rockers but lots of bland MOR stuff too.

Quote: Chappers @ May 26 2009, 1:29 PM BST

Nope. Where is that?

Listening to a Johnny Kidd and the Pirates compilation. I've seen the Pirates a couple of times over the last 8 years and remember Kidd from when I was one.

Some good rockers but lots of bland MOR stuff too.

He's got this new variety show called "Elvis Costello: Spectacles". He interviews guests and often plays music with them. Often they are friends of his so the interview is usually pretty good.
He's had guests like Elton John, Tony Bennett, Lou Reed, and Bill Clinton.

Absolute Radio rocks!

Green Day - 21 Guns

Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green. Sublime!

Quote: Curt @ May 26 2009, 1:37 PM BST

He's got this new variety show called "Elvis Costello: Spectacles". He interviews guests and often plays music with them. Often they are friends of his so the interview is usually pretty good.

What station? I'd love to see Elvis play with Elton.

My Cosmic Autumn Rebellion by The Flaming Lips.

Quote: Curt @ May 26 2009, 1:37 PM BST

It's been on Channel 4 and 4 music and it's a pretentious up-its-arse pile of poo.
Elvis was great but very rarely since 1986. He needs to get divorced and boozing again.

Quote: Curt @ May 21 2009, 10:30 PM BST

Tom Waits is great but I don't know much of his stuff. He's got so many freaking albums I don't know where to start.
What would you say is his essential album?

Swordfishtrombones, definitely. Though Griff's recommendation is a gentler way in.

Quote: Badge @ May 27 2009, 12:37 AM BST

It's been on Channel 4 and 4 music and it's a pretentious up-its-arse pile of poo.
Elvis was great but very rarely since 1986. He needs to get divorced and boozing again.

So I can have his wife!

Why do I hate Janice Long so much?

Quote: Chappers @ May 27 2009, 1:04 AM BST

Why do I hate Janice Long so much?

Did she shit in your slippers like she said she would?

Absolute Radio, no repeats baby!