British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 799

Quote: chipolata @ May 19 2009, 10:10 AM BST

The second half of Scarface on DVD. It's good bombastic fun, but why do so many black rappers idolise Tony Montana? He's a thoroughly unpleasant character.

After that it was the last episode of The Shield. Majestic stuff, seeing vic Mackey's life crumble around him, and the last scene was beautifully ambiguous, as you wondered whether he was off to top himself.

Thanks Chip. I'm only halfway through series three on DVD, so you've saved me from watching two and a half series. :( Angry

Mr Speaker battling for his career.

Quote: Rob H @ May 19 2009, 10:11 AM BST

Thanks Chip. I'm only halfway through series three on DVD, so you've saved me from watching two and a half series. :( Angry

:)

I haven't even mentioned Dutch going gay, the black woman losing her eyes in a knife fight, and the Shane becoming a Muslim.

Quote: chipolata @ May 19 2009, 10:14 AM BST

:)

I haven't even mentioned Dutch going gay, the black woman losing her eyes in a knife fight, and the Shane becoming a Muslim.

Dutch was so far in the closet I'm surprised that he wasn't investigating murders in Narnia.

The black woman was annoiyng after about halfway through series two and doesn't deserve to be fully-sighted.

Of all the characters to turn Muslim, I think the most likely IsLem.

So :P to you. :)

... the last episode of The Shield. Majestic stuff, seeing vic Mackey's life crumble around him, and the last scene was beautifully ambiguous, as you wondered whether he was off to top himself.

Quite sad really. The end of The Shield for me marks the end of a glorious ten years of American drama, starting with Sopranos, and taking in Six Feet Under, West Wing, The Wire and, of course, The Shield. These programmes have been so influential, but the only programme left of any real substance, for me, would be Mad Men. Much as I enjoy stuff like Dexter and Californication, it's fairly light compared to the previously mentioned programmes.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ May 19 2009, 11:49 AM BST

Quite sad really. The end of The Shield for me marks the end of a glorious ten years of American drama, starting with Sopranos, and taking in Six Feet Under, West Wing, The Wire and, of course, The Shield. These programmes have been so influential, but the only programme left of any real substance, for me, would be Mad Men. Much as I enjoy stuff like Dexter and Californication, it's fairly light compared to the previously mentioned programmes.

That is sad, but on the plus side, I retuned my digital box last night and discovered Smile TV 2 is still alive! It goes on air at 12pm every night. :)

The second half of Scarface on DVD. It's good bombastic fun, but why do so many black rappers idolise Tony Montana? He's a thoroughly unpleasant character.

Because they are also thoroughly unpleasant characters.

Quote: Aaron @ May 19 2009, 1:04 PM BST

Because they are also thoroughly unpleasant characters.

You might have something there. Although I have a fondness for that guy who wears big clocks around his neck.

Well he's a mentalist as well!

Quote: chipolata @ May 19 2009, 12:08 PM BST

That is sad, but on the plus side, I retuned my digital box last night and discovered Smile TV 2 is still alive! It goes on air at 12pm every night. :)

Yes, I was going to mention that. Channel 33. I think it must have just come back. Midnite, though. Pah! Have to stay up for it. (If you get my drift by usage of the word 'up').

Quote: chipolata @ May 19 2009, 1:05 PM BST

You might have something there. Although I have a fondness for that guy who wears big clocks around his neck.

The Mad Hatter?

Tony Montana wears awesome shirts.

Carry On Laughing - S01E02 - The Baron Outlook

I loved a Knight who was brave and bold,
And he bought me a bracelet of shining gold,
But when it rained then its colour changed,
And now everyone's calling me Greensleeves.
Greensleeves they call me now,
Greensleeves and a stupid cow.
Thought it was chewing a holly bough,
But I found it was chewing my green sleeves.

:D

*hums*

The One Show - an article for Nil right now.

Yep, I'm watching avidly. :) Lock that bitch up! :D

In an iron maiden?