British Comedy Guide

The IT Crowd 3.0 Page 34

Yes, yes it was.

(Want.)

Quote: Aaron @ May 13 2009, 11:37 AM BST

That's like proclaiming that Fawlty Towers could do without any reference to the hospitality industry,

I don't think it is. The plots with that were very much to do with his trying to run the place, with The IT Crowd it's rarely been about IT, it is more of a setting just to house the characters. And they do still throw in several IT related situations and gags. It's more about geeks than IT, it just so happens that IT is where you may well find those type of people working.

Quote: zooo @ May 13 2009, 6:47 PM BST

The internet in a box episode was series 3 I believe?
That was an amazing one.

I think that's the best episode they've ever done, so series three does have its good points ;)

Dan

Quote: zooo @ May 13 2009, 6:47 PM BST

The internet in a box episode was series 3 I believe?
That was an amazing one.

Right, internet in a box, that was one thing on a par with the googling "google" line from series 2(?). What else had that episode?

My favourite bit of series 3 was the Windows music when Moz woke up from that trance he was in. All in all, I disagree with Linehan's self-described "think of three funny things for a half hour and link them together=episode" style.

Quote: sardines @ May 14 2009, 7:26 PM BST

All in all, I disagree with Linehan's self-described "think of three funny things for a half hour and link them together=episode" style.

I'm sure he'd be devestated to hear that! :D

Quote: sardines @ May 13 2009, 6:25 PM BST

Matt Berry's big manly voice to generate laughs. I don't like him at all,

I love him, every time he was on screen was gold.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 14 2009, 8:08 PM BST

I'm sure he'd be devestated to hear that! :D

He would be, doesn't react well to criticism these days at all. :P

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 14 2009, 9:11 PM BST

I love him, every time he was on screen was gold.

Exactly, he's one of those people that lotsa people love no matter what. Linehan is one of those people and doesn't really do much with him... again he pretty much admits this himself (albeit in different words).

The show in general is decent, but it just annoys me cos he's capable of so much better.

Quote: sardines @ May 14 2009, 7:26 PM BST

Right, internet in a box, that was one thing on a par with the googling "google" line from series 2(?). What else had that episode?

It's the one where Douglas finds his new girlfriend! "You're from Iran! I don't have any problems with that."

Awesome. Especially the fight.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ May 15 2009, 9:44 AM BST

It's the one where Douglas finds his new girlfriend! "You're from Iran! I don't have any problems with that."

Awesome. Especially the fight.

Dan

That was stretching it, "I was a man" "I'm from Iran". I actually liked the bit earlier in the show where she said that and he was completely unphased, seemed very appropriate for the character, so the ending took that away.

See Fist of Fun series 1 and numerous other places for the same sorta idea anyways.

Quote: sardines @ May 15 2009, 1:28 PM BST

I actually liked the bit earlier in the show where she said that and he was completely unphased, seemed very appropriate for the character, so the ending took that away.

I completely agree with that!
I thought it fitted his character perfectly that he wouldn't care.

His reaction when he realised that he misheard her was brilliant though. Plus it led to a great fight.

Also true.

Mmmn, The whole 'I'm a man' thing was embarrassingly weak in my opinion, but I'm more puzzled by the chocolate on the head stuff from 50/50 (series one).

Why would anyone thing a brown substance on anyone's head (outside of a scat gangbang, obviously) was shit? On the commentary, Linehan says that when he wrote the scene when Roy says goodbye to the girl in the taxi he thought it was just the funniest thing - but why? Anyone know?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ May 16 2009, 12:43 AM BST

Mmmn, The whole 'I'm a man' thing was embarrassingly weak in my opinion, but I'm more puzzled by the chocolate on the head stuff from 50/50 (series one).

Why would anyone thing a brown substance on anyone's head (outside of a scat gangbang, obviously) was shit? On the commentary, Linehan says that when he wrote the scene when Roy says goodbye to the girl in the taxi he thought it was just the funniest thing - but why? Anyone know?

Oh come on, it's just a sitcom, it doesn't have to be realistic. Just enjoy the fact that he has (what looks like shit) on his head.

It's the same case with the Peter File joke. No one in their right mind would call their child Peter File but it is a funny scenario where Moss keeps saying 'Who's a paedophile?'.

'Brass Eye' (which Linehan wrote matrial for) used a 'Peter File' joke already in the 2001 'Peter File' special. It was said near the end of the episode and it went like this

Chris: A Peter File was attacked in his car this evening but I have to say, if your surname was 'File' would you call your son 'Peter'?

Doon: NOOOO!!!!