British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 793

The Manchurian Candidate on DVD. Not as good as you want it to be, but I love Liev Schrieber.

Saw the 'punk' episode of Quincy last night - I'd heard about it but never seen it - funny as hell! They're all killers and druggies. Watch out for the punks with long flowing hair and flowers painted on their jackets too. I love Quincy, but this was laughable.

Newsround.
The only way I can really understand the news.
(Aside from Charlie Brooker.)

Basic Instinct.

The first time I've ever properly seen the infamous crossy leggy scene. :O
They've always cut it before.
How ruude!

Time Bandits. Ole' Ralph Richardson as God. Great casting.

Men Behaving Badly. John Thompson is the barman.

Royle Family on Dave.

Denise :
I just left baby Dave for a second and he tipped a full ashtray all over himself.

Barb:
Oh they're lovely at that age aren't they!

The penultimate episode of The Shield last night. Wow! I've missed a few, but last nights was brilliant. A masterclass in how to bring a show to an end, with all Vic's chickens coming home to roost. And I even started feeling sorry for poor Shane by the end... Can't wait for next weeks last ever episode.

Some crazy arse adverts on the 'Tube, from our own Peter Kay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eeg2sqaPfyY

Quote: Balf @ May 11 2009, 5:13 PM BST

Saw the 'punk' episode of Quincy last night - I'd heard about it but never seen it - funny as hell! They're all killers and druggies. Watch out for the punks with long flowing hair and flowers painted on their jackets too. I love Quincy, but this was laughable.

Damn! I saw it was on and forgot to record it. It's become quite a legendary programme, a total mis-representation of punk by middle-aged Americans who saw it as the end of civilization.

Ashes To Ashes last night. It's gone from being a good show in series one, to being pretty damn superb in series 2. It feels a lot more like Life On Mars now. Which is a good thing.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 12 2009, 2:44 PM BST

Ashes To Ashes last night. It's gone from being a good show in series one, to being pretty damn superb in series 2. It feels a lot more like Life On Mars now. Which is a good thing.

Yes, it's much better, I agree. Still a little confused as to whether or not there'll be a third series.

Quote: DaButt @ May 10 2009, 6:57 PM BST

The one where the host wears really obnoxious clothing.

I guess that doesn't narrow it down very well.

Laughing out loud

Quote: DaButt @ May 10 2009, 6:57 PM BST

It was the one about canals.

Hour-long episode or half?

South Pacific on the red button. Amazing.

The fifth and final season of Alias on DVD. It's nowhere near as compelling as it was during the first two years, but it's still a hugely enjoyable bit of throwaway fluff.