British Comedy Guide

Reggie Perrin - Series 1 Page 22

Saw the original liked it. Watched this. Liked it also. I'm 45 and three quarters if that's any help. Much more watchable than say Green Grass, Last of the Summer, My Family and so on.

I prefer this version than the original one

What's the diference between this and Clone?

Twix.

Can't they make an original poor sitcom. What next Dad's Army set in the TA?

CJ: "I Love kids .. I went to school with them you know"

Oh my word!
:$ Errr :S

Did I miss a good line? I turned over.

Quote: sootyj @ May 8 2009, 9:48 PM BST

What next Dad's Army set in the TA?

DA 3310 - A sadistic intergalactic force threatens the entire galaxy. With resources stretched, the home worlds enlist the last line of defence.

"Set phasers to fun!"

I'm enjoying Perrin btw.

Quote: sootyj @ May 8 2009, 9:52 PM BST

Did I miss a good line? I turned over.

It might have been a good line once.
But it did make me shiver a bit to hear such an old chestnut used in a sitcom.
If CJ has a dog with Nasal problems next week then I'm not watching it any more.

Quote: Fred Sunshine @ May 8 2009, 9:49 PM BST

CJ: "I Love kids .. I went to school with them you know"

Oh my word!
:$ Errr :S

So original - I've never heard that one before.

Although again I did find it funny overall.

Quote: Fred Sunshine @ May 8 2009, 10:04 PM BST

If CJ has a dog with Nasal problems next week then I'm not watching it any more.

Were you at the recording too?

Weak episode I thought tonight. Could have focused much more about complaining about the trains I thought than bringing in unconvincing bloody children. Grrrr!

Thought this week's ep was a little bit awkward. It was obviously very loosely based around the second ep of the original where Reggie had to cope with the kids at the safari park. It struggled though.

I watched half of it... it's getting weaker. No real sense of building up to anything. Just Reggie lookng bored all the time - and that's boring.

One or two very brief flashes of interesting writing this week but overall Dudsville, Arizona.

Reggie is too often coming across as nothing other than a total git.

Does anyone else think that sitcom production leaves a lot to be desired nowadays? I don't think the problems are always in the writing, it's often that the wrong 'beats' have been emphasized in the desire to get as many laughs as possible, however inappropriate they may be.

I reckon sometimes the writers too are sitting at home wincing.

When David Nobbs delivered his pilot script for the 1970s version, John Howard Davies told him to take the shoehorned jokes out and just concentrate on the narrative; I don't work in television so it's just a guess, but somehow I doubt if sitcom writers get notes like that nowadays.

Really enjoying this series. Good feeling to it. Quite amusing.

The third episode was so poor it makes the previous episodes seem very slightly, remotely funny.

Entertaining enough, but nothing to wave a stick at.

I felt this was slightly better than last week.

I quite enjoyed the father in law siting on the sofa for some strange reason.