British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,876

Quote: Jack Massey @ May 3 2009, 11:20 AM BST

Went out to watch Ricky Hatton last night. Went to great lengths to stay awake, managed it and was bitterly dissapointed, not just because he lost, but because it only lasted five minutes.

I paid a tenner to watch the fight in my local, I left a good club night an hour early to make it to the pub in good time for the fight too. After the first knockdown I turned to my friend and said "this isn't going four rounds". I'm gutted.

Heh, thanks for the clip.
Those bits are the only entertaining bits in boxing really (to me).

Yes, I too went to my local. I'd have been happy to go in at about two o'clock, but they were locking the doors at eleven and you couldn't get in from there, so I'd been out for a curry before and a curry and about ten pints of Becks in your stomach isn't a good match at-all. Felt really depressed then when after the fight I was told to leave the pub as I was falling asleep (I'd been up for about twenty-two hours by this point), so I walked it home, half asleep and it was day-light and rainy. A bad night in fairness.

It's dead round here today. Has everybody buggered off since the BSG civil war earlier in the week?

I'm here. :)

Just got out of the most boring meeting ever about fixed lines.

I drank 3 bottles of red wine last night with my friend Drunk James (yes that is what he is called).

Quote: EllieJP @ May 7 2009, 12:13 PM BST

Just got out of the most boring meeting ever about fixed lines.

Was this a fishing related meeting?

Yep, how to catch the biggest carp.

Quote: EllieJP @ May 7 2009, 12:28 PM BST

Yep, how to catch the biggest carp.

TNT

I was in Smiths just looking at the books and I saw an author called Lee Weeks described as "the female James Paterson." I thought, hang about, isn't that Marc P's tagline? Unimpressed

http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2009/03/ghostbusters-on-tube.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8039779.stm

*snigger*

Maybe I'm getting old. But I'm not sure I agree with the current trend for threads describing the colour, consistency, taste and smell of bodily fluids.

I can imagine it's not the most welcoming message to read, if you're new around here (although for some it might be).

I'm not going to announce my departure with an OTT "leaving for a while thread" but, if it continues, I can imagine my need to check the forums everyday, will not be so urgent.

Agreed.

No, I quite agree. It is more than a little worrying that people are posting such things!

Thank God, I thought I was the only one who found this all quite ick.