British Comedy Guide

Contains Nuts - Online Clips

Hi guys,

Well ages ago, and I mean AGES ago, we posted on here to try and get some sketches made from BSGers. Well it took AGES because of all different phases you have to go through to get one made (with NO budget) but here are our first efforts:

http://www.youtube.com/user/containsnutstv

We want to do more in the future with more BSG written sketches but we need some good feedback as there are a couple of production companies interested in taking this on. Have a look and feel very free to rate it, comment on it and generally try and make this work! Thank you!

Angelic

One clip in particular I'd like feedback on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rUYWab-W8o&feature=channel_page

Basically we couldn't decide whether to end the sketch once the 'husband' walks in and the guy in the bed reacts to it, or whether to keep going as we did.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Surely 'What's the worse that could happen?' is a bit of an obvious line.

And if Superman had X-ray vision and saw what was happening why would he announce 'Hi honey, I'm home' without much emotion?

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ May 5 2009, 12:38 PM BST

Surely 'What's the worse that could happen?' is a bit of an obvious line.

And if Superman had X-ray vision and saw what was happening why would he announce 'Hi honey, I'm home' without much emotion?

Hi Yacob, thanks for the feedback, so you knew Superman was going to walk in just from that line? The joke was supposed to be that people always say that line but we really wanted to exaggerate the outcome.

Also, I don't believe Superman has his x-ray vision constantly on. In fact in all the superman films he uses it rarely. And the final joke was that he doesn't need x-ray vision to see what has obviously happened so that last bit probably doesn't work so you've helped with that.
;)

Yup I'd stop it with the husbands reaction. That should be the punchline. Like the previous poster mentioned the X-ray vision bit just adds some slight confusion.

Very good though, liked the actors in beds cockyness before the husband walks in

Quote: I'm Not Marshal Foch @ May 5 2009, 1:00 PM BST

Yup I'd stop it with the husbands reaction. That should be the punchline. Like the previous poster mentioned the X-ray vision bit just adds some slight confusion.

Very good though, liked the actors in beds cockyness before the husband walks in

I agree, I'm going to edit it and put it on Funny and Die like that. Thanks!

Had a brief look at a few and enjoyed. Will have another look when I get a window and post thoughts. Nice to finally see the fruit of your work (and your loins). :P And the other writers involved btw.

My only intial crit is with all the other talent involved in creating the product, the name "Contains Nuts TV" kinda takes the lion's share of the credit, even if it is unintentional.
:)

Quote: SlagA @ May 6 2009, 1:34 PM BST

Had a brief look at a few and enjoyed. Will have another look when I get a window and post thoughts. Nice to finally see the fruit of your work (and your loins). :P And the other writers involved btw.

My only intial crit is with all the other talent involved in creating the product, the name "Contains Nuts TV" kinda takes the lion's share of the credit, even if it is unintentional.

Only if his real name was 'contains nuts' though!? ;)

I shadow Yacob Wingnut.
1) The "bloody X-ray vision line" is meant to represent,

A)That Superman has already seen what's been going on in the bedroom prior to entering - if so then why does he annouce his arrival so casually?

B)That Superman is able to see the obvious naked situation under the duvet? - if that's the case then surely that wouldn't make any difference to the fact that another man is in bed with his partner?

2) And just for future reference, I think you'll find that Superman doesn't turn his powers off or on as they are just a by-product of his Kryptonian biological structure reacting to our own Earth's atmosphere, which in turn allows him to visualise matter on multi- wave frequencies of the meta-physical light spectrum.

Quote: SlagA @ May 6 2009, 1:34 PM BST

Cheers Slag A, I appreciate your thoughts.

As for the name, that's a first. I'm only known as ContainsNuts on here, and that's because I always thought it would be a good name for a comedy. We were actually going to call it 'May Contain Nuts' but there is already a show called that. As Simon B and The Ting Tings say, that's not my name.

So I don't feel I own that name or that it represents only me or that I'm claiming the credit even though I created, co-wrote, script-edited, directed, acted and edited it. Its always been about collaboration from the start. ;)

Quote: LIME5000 @ May 6 2009, 3:56 PM BST

I shadow Yacob Wingnut.
1) The "bloody X-ray vision line" is meant to represent,

A)That Superman has already seen what's been going on in the bedroom prior to entering - if so then why does he annouce his arrival so casually?

B)That Superman is able to see the obvious naked situation under the duvet? - if that's the case then surely that wouldn't make any difference to the fact that another man is in bed with his partner?

2) And just for future reference, I think you'll find that Superman doesn't turn his powers off or on as they are just a by-product of his Kryptonian biological structure reacting to our own Earth's atmosphere, which in turn allows him to visualise matter on multi- wave frequencies of the meta-physical light spectrum.

Thanks Lime5000, I've edited out that last bit on Funny or Die: http://www.funnyordie.co.uk/containsnuts

I think the main point is that it isn't that funny anyway. And I do remember Superman on a rooftop with Lois Lane having to purposely use his x-ray vision to see the state of her lungs, which he had obviously not x-rayed before. But its been removed so hopefully that will solve that one.

Seen the update. Liked the update.:)

Quote: LIME5000 @ May 6 2009, 4:49 PM BST

Seen the update. Liked the update.:)

Cheers Lime5000, you and the others helped us out with that feedback. Much appreciated.

I've got all paranoid about the name of the show, now. SlagA you bastard bastard bastard!
:P

Some nice work in there. Enjoyed the caught in the act one especially. Not so keen on the Superman stuff. The edit could be tightened a bit in some cases - the camera had a habit of lingering on the punchline just a beat too long I thought.

Thanks for taking the time to look at these and give feedback. Much appreciated and will be re-editing a few of the sketches as a result. ;)