British Comedy Guide

I am sad for BSG at the moment Page 2

Quote: Aaron @ May 4 2009, 11:36 PM BST

If the writer community stopped being so obsessively insulated, disregarding of other aspects of the site and embarking on what is essentially vigilante justice mentality, then perhaps Aaron or Mark could do something about it.

Should anyone who knows anything about these people really be that bothered, they are welcome to click that PM button (opposite the never-used Report button) at the bottom of this post and let me know the usernames and the details of these suspected multiple-account users.

:)

Yeah, it's not as if they are spelling words wrong or anything.

Just a sideways glance. I'm not sure that the person does have a "number of accounts" Just because someone posts thinking what they have written is funny doesn't mean that that person has created another account to give themselves some support.

Maybe it would be worth posting the names of the people suspected of belonging to the same person? I'm sure a number of these people are just normal people who come on here to read funny stuff or hope to get some helpful feedback on their sketch.

Quote: zooo @ May 4 2009, 11:38 PM BST

We don't though!
Only the regular Critique lot do.

*edit*
Oh, Aaron just said that.

And so did I.

Are we not allowed to know because we're not cool enough? :(
Not down with the Critique kids.

Quote: Aaron @ May 4 2009, 11:36 PM BST

Should anyone who knows anything about these people really be that bothered, they are welcome to click that PM button (opposite the never-used Report button)

Now, we know that button has been used, don't we?
;)

Quote: zooo @ May 4 2009, 11:44 PM BST

Are we not allowed to know because we're not cool enough? :(
Not down with the Critique kids.

No, because you can't be 100% sure and Aaron has on numerous times said not to smear people.

You can do your own punchline.

Quote: Griff @ May 4 2009, 11:46 PM BST

Posting the list of names here is just going to give them satisfaction. It's already attracted one of them. I'll PM you.

Put it this way, there are many people I am not as well.

EDIT
Oh, he's gone offline. That's a surpise.

Quote: Griff @ May 4 2009, 11:46 PM BST

Posting the list of names here is just going to give them satisfaction. It's already attracted one of them. I'll PM you.

I hope you're not talking about me? Just because I supported one of his sketches, and was perhaps slightly against the grain doesn't mean I'm him. I'm sure the administrators would know that from my registration details and IP address.

Its such a shame that this great resource for someone like me who is trying to get some feedback on ideas/sketches gets effectively "smeared" for saying I thought a particular sketch was funny.

Quote: I'm Not Marshal Foch @ May 4 2009, 11:53 PM BST

I hope your not talking about me? Just because I supported one of his sketches, and was perhaps slightly against the grain doesn't mean I'm him. I'm sure the administrators would know that from my registration details and IP address.

Its such a shame that this great resource for someone like me who is trying to get some feedback on ideas/sketches gets effectively "smeared" for saying I thought a particular sketch was funny.

You must have a dodgy internet connection, I'm Not.

Quote: I'm Not Marshal Foch @ May 4 2009, 11:53 PM BST

I hope your not talking about me? Just because I supported one of his sketches, and was perhaps slightly against the grain doesn't mean I'm him. I'm sure the administrators would know that from my registration details and IP address.

You're, not your. And have a profile if you are concerned people might think you are a troll.

Quote: Badge @ May 4 2009, 11:57 PM BST

You must have a dodgy internet connection, I'm Not.

I was wondering about that. It says I'm offline when I post? (i'm evidently online) I can assure you, or anyone else who was concerned, that my internet connect is fine :)

Quote: Marc P @ May 4 2009, 11:58 PM BST

You're, not your. And have a profile if you are concerned people might think you are a troll.

Wow, with regards to my grammar -that's incredibly petty.

Quote: I'm Not Marshal Foch @ May 4 2009, 11:58 PM BST

I was wondering about that. It says I'm offline when I post? (i'm evidently online) I can assure you, or anyone else who was concerned, that my internet connect is fine :)

Great news. Can you let me know your ISP, cos mine is quite unreliable.

Quote: I'm Not Marshal Foch @ May 5 2009, 12:04 AM BST

Wow, with regards to my grammar -that's incredibly petty.

And the rest of it?

Quote: Marc P @ May 5 2009, 12:06 AM BST

And the rest of it?

The rest is a good point and one I'll look into. As you can see I'm a new user. Give a guy a break ey?

Quote: I'm Not Marshal Foch @ May 5 2009, 12:10 AM BST

The rest is a good point and one I'll look into. As you can see I'm a new user. Give a guy a break ey?

Eh? Not Ey! And fair play. Welcome! :)

Quote: Marc P @ May 5 2009, 12:14 AM BST

Eh? Not Ey! And fair play. Welcome! :)

Three words - wind up merchant

;)