British Comedy Guide

Writing for Newsjack (aka 7 on 7) Page 17

Your 'Mechanic #1' is awesome. I still don't know what they want, if they didn't want that.

Were you on the 'other' workshop? I find it odd that nobody here got on both, which suggest some were rejected because of 'already being on one'.

Dan

I'm on the May 11 workshop so you could be right although I got the 'your stuff isn't right for the show' rather than a 'hard luck but send some more later' reply from them.

I got f**k all, not even a 'leave us alone and stop sending your crap this way' email. Technically, I'm still waiting for a response...

Let us know how it goes.

Dan

Won't it be open door anyway? Ie just emailing howdareyouexpectareply@bbc.co.uk every Thursday and hoping something gets used?

Oh yeah, 7 On 7 will be open door as far as I'm aware. I'd started talking about something else. Sorry for any confusion.

Dan

Quote: Afinkawan @ April 29 2009, 12:44 PM BST

I'm on the May 11 workshop so you could be right although I got the 'your stuff isn't right for the show' rather than a 'hard luck but send some more later' reply from them.

They invited you on to the workshop yet rejected your sketches? That sounds odd. I was waiting to hear about the new show as I got a 'please send stuff in' email.

The workshop on May 11th was from Recorded For Training Purposes.

Quote: Afinkawan @ April 29 2009, 3:56 PM BST

The workshop on May 11th was from Recorded For Training Purposes.

That's even weirder! Oh right... they're not related. Yep, they are definitely going to want to employee me and my powers of understanding

Hi there,

Has anyone heard anything else about this opportunity as seems to have all gone quiet over there.

Biscuit

Tickets for this show are soon to be announced... http://shows.external.bbc.co.uk/help/shows/comedy_bbc7

Note: the show will not be called 7 On 7... they've yet to announce the new title though.

Bit of info from the Gareth Edwards/David Mitchell masterclass: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/writersroom/2009/05/7_on_7_masterclass_with_david.shtml

Dan

I have a feeling that the series will start on 24th May at 11pm. The online Radio Times doesn't currently list anything in this time slot, so that could be it.

Quote: swerytd @ May 11 2009, 6:45 PM BST

Bit of info from the Gareth Edwards/David Mitchell masterclass: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/writersroom/2009/05/7_on_7_masterclass_with_david.shtml

Dan

Nice link, thanks.

After today's Recorded For Training Purposes workshop I can exclusively reveal the new show's title will be Newsjack and is going to star Archie the Inventor. I think. And the pilot is either going out at the end of May or being recorded at the end of May, I can't remember. It's been a long day.

Thanks for sharing all the updates - interesting that the BBC blog post is quite coy about the opportunity for writers. I am tempted to go along to a recording when its announced on the off chance they'll take scripts from the audience :P