British Comedy Guide

Scene from sitcom. Thoughts? Page 9

Do you want to take this outside?

fisticuffs I'm afraid.

The likes we haven't seen since I last posted a sitcom scene :D

On the topic though...

I think it would be difficult to sell a sitcom like this to a production company as a new writer. As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong) most companies only read the first ten pages and some even less! With such a subtle script it would be hard to make it jump out at them.

You could quite easily read your scene and without an active imagination not identify one joke.

Also not everyone on here are wannabes, Im pretty sure MarcP for example has had work on TV and recently had a book published and as you have probably seen from this thread he also has the patience of Ned Flanders!

Quote: Tom G @ April 27 2009, 7:16 PM BST

MarcP, as you have probably seen from this thread he also has the patience of Ned Flanders!

:D He really does.

I don't know. I just really like his dress style.

Ellipsin' Hell! we gonna give it a snore off now? :)

I love using ellipses. But for f**k's sake they can be over-used.

I have just spent the last 30 minutes reading through the whole of that thread, all 9 pages! It was gripping, and hilarious!

I always miss out on all the fun.

Bringing it back to the actual sketch. I liked the ending. Though, dare I say it, agree with what others said regarding format. Format? Format? Who said anything about format. Shhh.

I want your confidence Scott!

i ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE THE GUY IN YOUR PICTURE?

I appreciate a man with a nice eyebrows. And big teeth.

''Garcon...Garcon....Garcon garcon garcon garcon...''

Quote: Scottidog @ April 27 2009, 10:25 PM BST

''Garcon...Garcon....Garcon garcon garcon garcon...''

Excellent! Except for the fact that it's not a quote from Beauty & the Beast...

(Know your audience)

In conclusion: people don't like being told that their baby - which they have cared for and nurtured - looks like an ugly wretch.

Wait . . . there was an argument on here and I . . . . wasn't involved . . ? . . !

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 29 2009, 9:56 AM BST

Wait . . . there was an argument on here and I . . . . wasn't involved . . ? . . !

Don't worry, I covered for you.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 29 2009, 9:56 AM BST

I think I'm getting a complex about ellipsis ... or maybe I'm not.