British Comedy Guide

Scene from sitcom. Thoughts? Page 6

Who is this David Bussell guy anyway? just cos he puts a poncy website up of himself, and puts shit sketches of him just running around with a Sony handycam with his mates means its funny?

Mr Bussell wake up and smell the coffee, your 32, get a real job. leave the writing to the big boys yeah.

This thread has to be a wind up, surely?

Def.

No some of these people thinkthey're funny Deferenz

Congrats Bussell I believe you've just been Sootyj'd!

Quote: Scottidog @ April 27 2009, 2:00 PM BST

Who is this David Bussell guy anyway? just cos he puts a poncy website up of himself, and puts shit sketches of him just running around with a Sony handycam with his mates means its funny?

Mr Bussell wake up and smell the coffee, your 32, get a real job. leave the writing to the big boys yeah.

Big boys? How tall are you, chief?

Scotti- I would not say there is no use in posting sitcom scripts on here. They often solicit helpful feedback; and if you had read any of those threads you would realise that your preconceptions of what posters are looking for in a sitcom script are very far from the mark. In this case you have not helped yourself by appearing unnecessarily defensive, and that has distracted from discussion of content.

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 27 2009, 1:11 PM BST

I think Scotti is going for the feel of Empty in this, but you still need funnier lines imo.

As indeed did Empty. But Empty was nonetheless engaging and clever.

Your dialogue may be naturalistic, but that is not the same as capturing a truth. Real life is banal. As reality TV shows demonstrate, the skill is all in the editing. And that is the essence of drama; yes it is artificial, but that does not make it untrue. You should credit audiences with understanding that; they do not need every um, er and repetition to convince them of authenticity. In dramatic dialogue the aim should always be economy.

im taller than your work David.

Quote: Marc P @ April 27 2009, 1:55 PM BST

I'm loving this thread.

:)

You know, I usually go out of my way to avoid this sort of nonsense but I'm beginning to see the attraction all of a sudden.

Amateurs versus Professionals...

Amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic

Hm - inbetween my begining my response and actually posting, this thread seems to have got a bit silly. I wish I hadn't bothered now.

Now people are dissing Noah and for that matter God !

Has this thread no shame.

Quote: Scottidog @ April 27 2009, 2:04 PM BST

im taller than your work David.

Easy, Spartacus - save the underwritten jokes for your sitcom. Oh, I see you did already.

Where is the ark?

Me too. I just think, im not being horrible, but has anybody on this 'chat' had anything commissioned? im guessing not. My point being, you all take advice and run off and change things. When what ive read seems to be very good at what it was?...it's opinion, but I think people's opinions on here are supressing other people's vision?...if it's good run with it, if it's not dont?...come on ave im only havin' a laugh, you've gotta laugh at yourself no?...I meant yourself not your work by the way?...oops!...come on Dave have a laugh?

Quote: David Bussell @ April 27 2009, 2:04 PM BST

You know, I usually go out of my way to avoid this sort of nonsense but I'm beginning to see the attraction all of a sudden.

I'm just glad I am sitting around with nothing to do today. :) Till SlaggA stops it all of course.

:)