British Comedy Guide

Gordon Brown showing his emotions

Another attempt at a topical sketch for NR. I hope you likes.

http://www.shoepie.co.uk/archive/gordon-showing-emotions-bsg.pdf

It's (as always) missing a proper ending.

I'd stop at the second sexiest man alive but overall good sketch man :)

I liked it as is. Good one.

Finish it at the line where Darling can't think of any good news, and send it to T/S

Thanks everyone.

Quote: Gavin @ April 26 2009, 10:23 AM BST

I'd stop at the second sexiest man alive but overall good sketch man :)

Cheers Buddy. Yeah as a TV/Radio sketch I'd definitely stop there and cut to the next one. I've never seen a live sketch show before though so I'm not sure how a low key finish like that would go down so I just made him shout a bit at the audience.

I'm hoping to see Treason show when they're in Bath so hopefully I'll have a better understanding of it all then.

Yeah goes on a bit...Where's the animations I'm a needing a beano fix sniff!!!

Quote: LIME5000 @ April 26 2009, 6:15 PM BST

Yeah goes on a bit...Where's the animations I'm a needing a beano fix sniff!!!

Thanks. I'll leave it a few days and then try and cut some lines. 4 pages should have set off a warning alarm!

No animations for a while, my PC is broke :-( Might have a couple of different things coming out end of May. One of them is going to be voiced by a couple of BSG forum favourites. I'll keep their identities a secret for now but I'm looking forward to it!

Really solid sketch. It actually raised a chuckle out of me which is rare on this site. Good work

Hey ShoePie

:)

I like it - I enjoyed the ending - "in your face Clooney!". Agree it could be shortened near the end though.

The Hannah Montana bit possibly needs to go somewhere else in a second line or be replaced by something he would be excited about. It didn't quite work for me here - otherwise it's great.

ps I may have an animation idea I need your help with...

Jx

Quote: Jane P @ April 26 2009, 9:32 PM BST

ps I may have an animation idea I need your help with...

Jx

Thanks Jane. Drop me an email re: animation.

It read well, liked the Clooney ending also.

This is an ingenious bit of character comedy and gets top points from me for being something I can really visualise.

3 pages is a little ambitious for NR. And the dialogue is strong enough you don't really need to describe how they say their lines.

But top stuff I think someone could really ahve fun acting in this.